Liverpool could really win the Premier League this year!

taxman

A fair comment about Edwards I admit that,disgraceful behaviour, but back too United, they have always tried to bring youth into the side, Welbeck, Wilson, Cleverly over the past few years, how many in cITYS squad are from their academy?

Micah Richards? and after him I'm struggling

City had an amazing youth system back in the eighties which spawned some great players. Unfortunately, during the nineties their financial state meant that it became rather stagnant and underfunded. Also, what usually happened at City was that any decent player that came up through the ranks was sold rather quickly to make a fast buck for Peter Swales. The youth system fell into disrepair in the nineties due to City's financial state and United nurtured some great talent during this time. It's definitely something City are investing heavily in and there is some really exciting talent coming through. Over the years though, the likes of Ian Wright, Peter Schmeichel and now Andrew Cole have encouraged their sons to join City's academy.

Why do you spell City in such a way?

Is there too much money swilling round in the pro-game Pete?

In a word Tim Yes,

The problem is it's swilling around the wrong area i.e. PL, when you consider Cardiff get more this season for finishing bottom, than Man Utd did last season for winning it.

It's pretty clear we have opposing views Goon, I don't begrudge you anything, nor am trying to bait you, I am just offering you my view.

QPR won tonight, but they are 177 million in debt, they paid top dollar for some distictly aberage players, Samba for example, and didn't succeed, at some point the owners are going to ditch their toy and that will be another proud club to the wall, just like Pompey, Coventry, our lot here and so on. If the league is dependent on sheiks and oligarchs coming in to survive, the league is weak.

City got lucky, dozens of other clubs didn't.

@Pete, that is exactly it mate, and in the mean time they have been taken over by a Malaysian business man intend on changing everything about the club.

Ps, iPad typing....

In a word Tim Yes,

The problem is it's swilling around the wrong area i.e. PL, when you consider Cardiff get more this season for finishing bottom, than Man Utd did last season for winning it.

Out of interest - any link to the money stats please BPB?

• 3 months later...

They clearly needed a new striker following Suarez's departure- but did not expect Mario.

Liverpool have agreed a £16m fee with AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants the Italy international, 24, to strengthen his attack after last season's top scorer Luis Suarez joined Barcelona.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878088

• 4 weeks later...