Liverpool could really win the Premier League this year!

taxman

If Chelsea win all their remaining games they're champions.

I genuinely believe Chelsea at Liverpool will be a draw. Chelsea lack firepower and Liverpool have plenty to try and overwhelm the Chelsea defense. The way Rodgers has them playing I really favour them at the moment.

Again, going to be awesome. (And probably the most boring game in the league at the same time :hihi:)

I genuinely believe Chelsea at Liverpool will be a draw. Chelsea lack firepower and Liverpool have plenty to try and overwhelm the Chelsea defense. The way Rodgers has them playing I really favour them at the moment.

Again, going to be awesome. (And probably the most boring game in the league at the same time :hihi:)

In spite of this lack of firepower Chelsea have managed to beat Man City home and away (when they were on form), Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd home, and drew with Arsenal and Man Utd away.

While I agree that Liverpool have been one of the best footballing sides this season, there is one reason I don't want them to win the league.

Luis Suarez, now don't get me wrong, a great player, but what a cheating diving ****hole he is, his antics against Man City were quite simply appalling:(

Ashley Young of Man Utd was rightly criticised earlier this season for his diving antics, Suarez has escaped any censure whatsoever and he has been doing it ALL season

:rant:over.

I'm hoping Liverpool do win the league.

I don't particularly like the antics of Mr Suarez, but I think Stevie G has been a great ambassador for the sport and I'd love to see him win the title.

I also think of Liverpool as a proper football club, spending money they've generated from their own business, unlike those rich man's play things of Manchester City and Chelsea.

Regards

Doom

I'm hoping Liverpool do win the league.

I don't particularly like the antics of Mr Suarez, but I think Stevie G has been a great ambassador for the sport and I'd love to see him win the title.

I also think of Liverpool as a proper football club, spending money they've generated from their own business, unlike those rich man's play things of Manchester City and Chelsea.

Regards

Doom

Apart from being a friend of gangsters and having his own day in court as well.

I'm not a fan of Liverpool but that's because I'm a biased Salfordian and therefore support Man U. There was absolute hatred between the sets of fans when I was growing up. Scousers would sing about Munich and throw toy planes onto the pitch and we'd sing about Shankly having a heart attack and would mock the Liverpool job losses by singing "Sign on" instead of walk on.

Things have become less toxic since Hillsborough and since football has become more corporate. Most fans at OT nowadays probably can't even remember what it was like to experience that level of raw hatred that was there in the 80's.

I do think Rogers has done an amazing job though. There was a lot of pressure on him last season to ditch Suarez but he stuck with him and he's proved himself this season. Sturridge as well has absolutely shone and when you have two strikers on fire you have every chance of winning things.

Man U fans had decades of being in the shadow of Liverpool so it was great to to turn the tables and laugh at their inability to win the league for over 20 years. It may be that they'll finally get there this season. No doubt the 6 points gifted to them by United will have helped.

And got beat off Sunderland on there own patch.

Credit where it's due though Chelsea had most of the play, had more shots and such but Sunderland for once were magnificent; and hit them twice on break and with a decent pass could have won 3-1.

People are all in mourning for Man Utd, it's given us the best PL for years top & bottom.

Things have become less toxic since Hillsborough and since football has become more corporate. Most fans at OT nowadays probably can't even remember what it was like to experience that level of raw hatred that was there in the 80's.

I remember running for my life when our own 'hooligans, decided our stand was responsible for the team being 3-0 down in fifteen minutes...

FC Groningen used to be ridiculous for things like that, thank god it isn't like that anymore in grounds, though I do feel there is still a long way to go.

While I agree that Liverpool have been one of the best footballing sides this season, there is one reason I don't want them to win the league.

Luis Suarez, now don't get me wrong, a great player, but what a cheating diving ****hole he is, his antics against Man City were quite simply appalling

Ashley Young of Man Utd was rightly criticised earlier this season for his diving antics, Suarez has escaped any censure whatsoever and he has been doing it ALL season

over.

I completely agree.

Enjoyable side to watch but I can't stand Suarez and his dramatics. It's ridiculous and infuriating.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android