Shaun Ryder

The album is called Amateur Night In The Big Top. It was recorded in his cousin's garage in Perth. Basically it's just a collection of beats with Shaun mumbling his "poetry" over the top. Musically it's OK-ish, but he's definitely the weak link on the album.

There is a Sheffield connection on the album, as it happens. Stephen Mallinder who used to be in Sheffield's Cabaret Voltaire, now lives in Perth and works at the same radio station as Pete Carroll (Shaun Ryder's cousin).

Mallinder is credited with co-writing and co-producing some tracks on the album.

It's great to hear Mallinder on the radio. He's still got a strong Sheffield accent and it sounds so familiar (yet so strange) on the airwaves in Australia

yea i can't imagine it being very sellable - Black Grape never took off and he can hardly talk now and well he could hardly ever sing could he but there again that wasn't the point of most of the indie bands of the late 80's - was more of the time kinda thing

seems like the inspiral carpets are alive and kicking and the stone roses have been well documented but what ever happened to;

the farm

charlatans

the pixies

spaceman 3

james

hmmm who else was there....?

I knew about the filming of the documentary and was keen to see the finished result if only to see Fliss and Jo. I have to say I am absolutely disgusted. I do not know how Felicia came across to others watching but she is not the person I knew.

I think the hardest thing for me to believe was that Fliss is my age and is with Shaun??? The mind just won't comprehend that...

Moon

rarely - I split up with her brother some time ago. We are all now on happy terms (even with my ex mother-in-law) but Fliss sounds as if she is very much planted with Shaun.

I don't really know how to elaborate further without getting into family politics.

I was shocked to see her with her own son because I remember quite fondly and strangely (being that she is a friend) how she used to be with my son and his cousins, it isn't the same.

Moon Maiden

Archived