Not been paid ,expecting redundancy

thai

As your husband is over 41 he is entitled to 1.5 weeks pay for every year he's worked there. He's also entitled to one weeks notice for every year he's worked there. If the company cannot afford to pay the entitlement then the government pay. It takes about 8 weeks to sort out if the govenment pay out. Beware though, If the government pays and your husband registers for any benefits after he's made redundant ie. JSA or similar, whatever benefits are received will be deducted from your husbands redundancy payments.

just to clarify the previous post - the maximum the redundancy payments office will pay is capped at £450 a week for each claim

the payment in lieu of notice is paid to a maximum of 12 weeks

holiday pay is a maximum of 6 weeks

the redundancy payments office will deduct tax and NI from any payments made (except redundancy if the payment is less than (i think) £30,000)

they will not deduct any benefits from the redundancy pay, but they will deduct it from the payment to cover the notice pay he would have been entitled to - they will deduct it whether or not your husband actually claimed it so please make sure he claims everything he is entitled to

Hi everyone thankyou very much for all your help. We are going to get the ball rolling after xmas.Going to put it at the back of our minds, or at least try.

So a merry xmas and a happy new year to you all. Once again thankyou.

I know how you must be feeling I had a stroke just over a year when I became disabled and we now live on my wifes wage and my small amout of DLA. Not looking forward to her getting nearer retirement. As for claiming disability get in touch with Age uk and they could help you. It took 4 attempts but Richard at Rotherham helped me and finally got it. I was in the same state as your husband but at 63 years but kept looking just for interested but nothing was or is for somone now at 64.

I know how you must be feeling I had a stroke just over a year when I became disabled and we now live on my wifes wage and my small amout of DLA. Not looking forward to her getting nearer retirement. As for claiming disability get in touch with Age uk and they could help you. It took 4 attempts but Richard at Rotherham helped me and finally got it. I was in the same state as your husband but at 63 years but kept looking just for interested but nothing was or is for somone now at 64.

Yes i know how u feel aswell, i had a stroke 2 years ago and if you have never claimed anything, you just dont know.All the best for xmas and new year, i just tell myself it cant get any worse now. xx

Can't claim to know much about redundancy claims and this is maybe slightly off-topic but one thing I'd urge is for anybody approaching retirement age to get their financial situation assessed. The reason I say this is I watched my mum and dad tie themselves in knots and suffer considerable worry because they just didn't have their finances in good shape when they retired. Things went downhill afterwards as they tried to manage the situation on a reduced income. They'd always hidden their financial affairs from everybody and only after they'd been retired did it start to become obvious how worried they were about something and we eventually got the truth out of them.

We did loads to help them get payments reduced and deferred, to get them operating on a budget. I think for my mum though the worrying had done her in. She didn't enjoy much time after hitting 65. She passed away. I'm sorry it's a bit of a grim thing to recount but please don't go into retirement with your finances out of control. Get help before. There is loads out there and banks can actually turn out to be pretty reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

well an update, still no wages.Hubby and all others who work there ,were told to go in for talks on 6/1/14 then told they day after not too.Keep promising wages will be paid but as yet nothing, We are slowly running out of money, and others are too,Does anyone know if we may be entitled to some goverment help. Thanks for taking time to read .

I've heard of a similar situation at a company we deal with - wonder if it's the same one?

Quite a large company & I always thought they did well but the workforce at the minute are apparently sat twiddling their thumbs not knowing where/when the next bit of work will come from - if at all.

Very sad situation for all involved. Hope you get something sorted thai :)

Archived