Feeling Chrismassy yet?

I've been working in a dept. store that has had Christmas trees up since the end of September and I STILL don't feel Christmassy.

I'll start feeling Christmassy maybe when I'm drunk on Facebook at 2pm on Christmas Day looking through how everybody else is doing Christmas wrong.

I genuinely think that Christmas is only good if you've got money, kids, or are a kid.

Not very festive at the moment but it's been a bit of a struggle this year just having had major surgery.

However, the tree is up and the presents are bought and almost all wrapped. I made my xmas cakes before going into hospital and have since iced them. The cards have all been delivered now so thinking about it.....I'm well on the way.

I usually feel a bit frazzled at this time of year but come xmas eve I will kick back and the festive feel will descend on me.........hopefully. :-)

Not very festive at the moment but it's been a bit of a struggle this year just having had major surgery.

However, the tree is up and the presents are bought and almost all wrapped. I made my xmas cakes before going into hospital and have since iced them. The cards have all been delivered now so thinking about it.....I'm well on the way.

I usually feel a bit frazzled at this time of year but come xmas eve I will kick back and the festive feel will descend on me.........hopefully. :-)

If I had survived major surgery I'd be having an awesome Christmas.

I genuinely think that Christmas is only good if you've got money, kids, or are a kid.

It shouldn't be like that though, should it.

I peaked too early this year, and for the past week or so not felt Christmassy at all, just dragging myself through the remaining days to the holiday.

Let's hope I get a second wind, and not the sprout-fuelled variety :(

I've got my decorations up, presents mostly bought and wrapped and Christmas day's food sort of organised, but I don't feel even a tiny bit in the Christmas mood, and I don't know why.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being totally flat about the whole thing and 10 being excited and overflowing with the Christmas spirit, where are you right now?

Im at around -50.

I'm probably about a 3 at the moment, but I'm sure when I'm in York on Friday having a few beers with an old student chum that will rise quite sharply.

I've often thought the weather plays a part in how Christmassy people feel.

When it's cold and snowy it feels right for Christmas, but this warm, wet and windy weather isn't Chrsitmassy at all.

Regards

Doom

Archived