New shower-taps

Do you have hot water at the same pressure as the cold water or is it noticeably different?

If the hot and cold water aren't at the same pressure your shower tap will be abit crap.

I was reading something about that; wouldnt you just not turn the cold tap on full?

I will have a look the next time that I am at the house.

---------- Post added 20-12-2013 at 11:34 ----------

I watched a utube clip about installing these taps, I did think that the bath might need to come out, but he managed ok.

They're relatively easy to install or as easy as taps anyway.I've fitted and replaced them over the years myself.

I wouldn't personally recommend them for adults standing to have a shower. Pressure is often inconsistent and temp fluctuates, and usually you have to hold them as some don't have fitting s to wall mount them.

We always used them to wash our hairs whilst in the bath sort of thing or swill the dogs off.

• 4 weeks later...

My shower taps are now fitted, but tiling is not finished yet. They were surpriingly easy to fit, and seem to work quite well, using only hot water.

I am maybe getting a new boiler, if its free. I believe my old one is at least 10 years old. I have a EPC eco report done this week, and he said a new boiler may be better than the old one which is seventy something percent efficient.

Archived