Sheffield derby - sleeping policemen

I'm sorry but I need to have a go at the police for their actions or lack off at hillsbourgh when wednesday played united.

At half time there was a little bit of tauting from both sides behind the stands we are taking mini riot (300+ people). The police stood in full body armour and armed with their trungeons and watched. they made no attempt to control the crowd until stewards and on-site response teams persisted to them that they needed to control the situation. After all there could of been alot of injuries because of the amount of pushing and confinement the HOOLIGANS had. I'm not saying the police are bad at their jobs, but this isn't the first time they've waited for things to either calm down and clean up the scraps or waited until people have pointed out to them that their employed for a purpose. oh and before people say they were waiting for backup. there was more of them with more protection than the people who were trying to control it.

Sorry to moan but needed to be said.

I've been sitting on the north stand at Hillsborough for years. Season after season, match after match South yorkshire police insist on letting both sets of fans out at the same time at the end of the game. Why you may ask?? well obviously this will bring rival fans together leading to confrontation so the police can show there strong arm etc. in my opinion why not not lock the away fans in for 10 mins to avoid the problem. Ive been in grounds around the country in particular old trafford where ive been kept in for upto 30mins!! but what was the outcome? no trouble outside the ground, so the police could focus there attentions away from the ground. Theres been times when I've asked riot police why they carry on to let the away fans out, but always get a response of shrugged shoulders or dunno's. :huh:

I'm sorry but I need to have a go at the police for their actions or lack off at hillsbourgh when wednesday played united.

At half time there was a little bit of tauting from both sides behind the stands we are taking mini riot (300+ people). The police stood in full body armour and armed with their trungeons and watched. they made no attempt to control the crowd until stewards and on-site response teams persisted to them that they needed to control the situation. After all there could of been alot of injuries because of the amount of pushing and confinement the HOOLIGANS had. I'm not saying the police are bad at their jobs, but this isn't the first time they've waited for things to either calm down and clean up the scraps or waited until people have pointed out to them that their employed for a purpose. oh and before people say they were waiting for backup. there was more of them with more protection than the people who were trying to control it.

Sorry to moan but needed to be said.

They are only there for the over time,or to pick on individuals.

Archived