Retail Customer's Rights.

I've never come across this, it sounds like an exception rather than the rule.

Generally speaking, and I say from experience...a receipt can be scanned...that receipt has multiple values that vastly reduce the search time. Date, time, till, operator ID, store...etc.

If you just give them a postcode, the search perimeters are huge. It has to search through all stores on all dates on all times on all tills on all operators...which is why it takes a lot longer.

I was not complaining re this instance, although in this day and age it should not take long to find an item using a name and a postcode.

It was in the summer when I had awful response from PCW re a PC I took in for repair. Took almost 6 weeks to get a write-off agreed.

I would only buy expensive goods online, from a reputable retailer; then you're also covered for 7 days by distance selling regs. If high street retailers have been acting in an unscrupulous way for years, perhaps, they've just ultimately shot themselves in the foot, by sending people online?

I was not complaining re this instance, although in this day and age it should not take long to find an item using a name and a postcode.

It was in the summer when I had awful response from PCW re a PC I took in for repair. Took almost 6 weeks to get a write-off agreed.

In this day an age many retailers don't use the most up to date systems! They cost millions to implement, and about the same to replace!

---------- Post added 21-12-2013 at 14:13 ----------

I would only buy expensive goods online, from a reputable retailer; then you're also covered for 7 days by distance selling regs. If high street retailers have been acting in an unscrupulous way for years, perhaps, they've just ultimately shot themselves in the foot, by sending people online?

There are still a lot of people who refuse to buy online and would rather come into a store.

Retailers were previously more unscrupulous, but in recent years particularly in the company I work for, the attitude being fostered is far, far different. We're all well aware of how important service is to people, but more than anything nowadays, it's price competitiveness. There's a minority of people that would go and spend £50 more somewhere on a product based purely on the service they're getting.

Archived