Champagne..drink or sell??

I have 3 bottles of champagne, been in the kitchen cupboard for years (7 to 18 years!!!!), I was wondering if they would still be drinkable, or even if there is a market for them and if so what they might be worth, they are:

Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top

Lanson Black Label

Louis Dubrince Classique

Would be really interesting to know on both scores so thanks.

Storing vertically and in a non-temperature controlled environment probably means that the corks have dried out a bit and air may have got in.

In that case they won't be worth anything and will, in all honesty, probably not be good to drink.

I would suggest, as non of them are known for their vintage champagnes, that you open them and, if they're drinkable, enjoy them.

Like the other guys said Katey; if it's 'corked' it just won't be very nice to drink. I'd advise you to drink them - if you're lucky they'll still be nice. Enjoy.

Cobblers.

The Comité Interprofessionnel du vin de Champagne recommend vertical storage and in any case wine doesn't get "corked" from the storage orientation.

Cobblers.

The Comité Interprofessionnel du vin de Champagne recommend vertical storage and in any case wine doesn't get "corked" from the storage orientation.

"Corked" refers to the wine being tainted a contaminated cork (which needs the wine to be in contact with the cork - ie laid down horizontal) - it tastes like drinking a mouldy towel :gag:

If the cork has shrunk then oxidisation occurs - which basically means the wine turns to summat you put on chips with salt and nearly rhymes with Lineker.

"Corked" refers to the wine being tainted a contaminated cork (which needs the wine to be in contact with the cork - ie laid down horizontal) - it tastes like drinking a mouldy towel :gag:

If the cork has shrunk then oxidisation occurs - which basically means the wine turns to summat you put on chips with salt and nearly rhymes with Lineker.

Who on earth puts a spinnaker on their chips? ... that's absurd! Are you thinking of 'fish and ships' ... it'd make more sense then. :huh:

Archived