Champagne..drink or sell??

Okay, took the advise, opened the first one and just had half a bottle between the two of us with our bangers and mash, it didnt taste as good as my Lambrusco as a bit strong for my delicate palette so added a bit of soda water and it was acceptable!, I know, I know!! Just two bottles to go, hick!

Were they stored horizontally or vertically?

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference with Champagne.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 20:19 ----------

Okay, took the advise, opened the first one and just had half a bottle between the two of us with our bangers and mash, it didnt taste as good as my Lambrusco as a bit strong for my delicate palette so added a bit of soda water and it was acceptable!, I know, I know!! Just two bottles to go, hick!

If when you opened the bottle the wine was sparkling there is little prospect that there is anything wrong with it. This will probably tell you all you need to know.

http://www.maisons-champagne.com/en/encyclopedie/vignes_au_plaisir/conserver_bouteilles_gb.htm

We're not talking Babycham here, Utg ;)

I don't know about pear based drinks but I do know how to store Champagne.

http://www.maisons-champagne.com/en/encyclopedie/vignes_au_plaisir/conserver_bouteilles_gb.htm

Whether one chooses to store the bottles vertically or horizontally is of little importance when dealing with sparkling wines. This is because there is a great deal of pressure within the bottle which ensures that the gas, separating the liquid from the cork, is constantly saturated, helping the cork to remain moist and supple. There is, therefore, no reason to store the bottles horizontally. In fact, some believe that storing Champagne upright carries the added benefit of preventing the cork taint, as the wine and the cork are kept separate. Even so, the majority of producers still advise their customers to store their bottles horizontally.

I prefer to store vertically as I prefer the taste of grapes to that of corks.

I don't know about pear based drinks but I do know how to store Champagne.

Whether one chooses to store the bottles vertically or horizontally is of little importance when dealing with sparkling wines. This is because there is a great deal of pressure within the bottle which ensures that the gas, separating the liquid from the cork, is constantly saturated, helping the cork to remain moist and supple. There is, therefore, no reason to store the bottles horizontally. In fact, some believe that storing Champagne upright carries the added benefit of preventing the cork taint, as the wine and the cork are kept separate. Even so, the majority of producers still advise their customers to store their bottles horizontally.

I prefer to store vertically as I prefer the taste of grapes to that of corks.

Never knew they served champagne at Greasy Vera's :D

Maybe you just prefer Lambrusco. There's only one rule with wine, drink the stuff you like :)

Perhaps you should stick to what you know like coconut based drinks.

I'm afraid we only quaff Dandelion & Burdock where I come from, it's a wonderful elixir engendering the drinker with a sense of humour..you should try some :hihi:

Archived