Cheapest place for plastic sheds?

It is good that you care about sustainability. What is sustainable these days? Wooden sheds from trees-are trees sustainable? I believe a plastic shed would last longer than timber, and without using preservatives. A bright yellow plastic shed may look out of place in a neighbour’s garden, but I think a green or brown one is a good idea-save the trees.

Of course wood is sustainable. Most sheds are made from pine, which grows quickly.

Plastic is unsustainable because it's made from petrochemicals which are a finite resource. Plastic left outdoors tends to go brittle eventually and crack, and the colour fades/streaks.

If treated correctly a wooden shed will last at least as long as a plastic one.

• 2 weeks later...
But a wooden one with two coats of Cuprinol on it will last years, and be much more environmentally friendly. Plastic sheds can get very sweaty inside, whereas wooden ones 'breathe'.

I want a plastic shed

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 12:09 ----------

have a look at the jtf site

Thanks, can't see any sheds on there but if I remember they do sell them, might call in if I get time

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 12:17 ----------

Nobody needs a plastic shed.

They're aesthetically hideous, apart from anything else.

I don't think this one looks too bad... http://www.tesco.com/direct/keter-apex-shed/254-7356.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=202-7630

It is good that you care about sustainability. What is sustainable these days? Wooden sheds from trees-are trees sustainable? I believe a plastic shed would last longer than timber, and without using preservatives. A bright yellow plastic shed may look out of place in a neighbour’s garden, but I think a green or brown one is a good idea-save the trees.

Timber sheds are stronger, more sustainable and more environmentally friendly than plastic shed, many these days are tantalized so will last a for decades. A bit of ivy and some climbing plants growing over them and they blend into any garden.

I'm in need of a plastic shed, but they seem to be much pricier than their metal or wooden counterparts!

Does anyone know of any places cheaper than the mainstream places (such as Wickes/Argos etc)

Lego is the way to go in my expert opinion! Any size/colour you want, easy to extend and can even be motorised! (you can even put little Lego people behind the windows to deter thieves!) :thumbsup:

Timber sheds are stronger, more sustainable and more environmentally friendly than plastic shed, many these days are tantalized so will last a for decades. A bit of ivy and some climbing plants growing over them and they blend into any garden.

:o

I don't think it's very friendly (environmentally or otherwise) to torment a shed even if it is only made of wood!

Now if the shed was tanalized... I suppose that would be OK! ;)

Lego is the way to go in my expert opinion! Any size/colour you want, easy to extend and can even be motorised! (you can even put little Lego people behind the windows to deter thieves!) :thumbsup:

The problem is, I need the shed to house my lego collection :(

Archived