How many presents do you buy at Christmas?

I was just wondering how many presents you buy for each of your loved ones not including the young children ? Is it more of a cost thing or do you like to buy a few smaller gifts . I love Christmas pressy buying ,seeking out unusual things that I hope the recipient will like .Do you still fill up a stocking or do you reserve this just for the children .Having mixed nationalities in the family it is interesting to see how each perceive Christmas .

We decide three months ahead which sports event we want to go to in the coming year, last year it was Snooker, this year it will be darts, already been to cricket, cycling and other things. Usually comes to about 50£ a head and makes sure we see our family more than once a year :)

I think I probably go a bit overboard on presents for Christmas. My friends, I tend to spend around £20 on, my brother and partner £80 ish, my parents about £100 and my other half I've spent around £140 on this year.

I know it sounds a lot, but for £100 what can you get these days? Perfume/aftershave, console games, clothes etc all cost a fair amount, you're probably only talking 2 or 3 items for that amount of money and I always worry it never looks like much to give some one to open.

I think I probably go a bit overboard on presents for Christmas. My friends, I tend to spend around £20 on, my brother and partner £80 ish, my parents about £100 and my other half I've spent around £140 on this year.

I know it sounds a lot, but for £100 what can you get these days? Perfume/aftershave, console games, clothes etc all cost a fair amount, you're probably only talking 2 or 3 items for that amount of money and I always worry it never looks like much to give some one to open.

I think you are right there . We are ripped off compared with other countries for electrical goods ect . You don't get much for a £100 unless you find some bargains along the way .

Archived