Rare Royal pardon for Alan Turing

IIRC criminal records expire when you reach 100 years of age anyway so what actually are they pardoning?

Criminal records expire in under 10 years, unless it's a long prison sentence in which case they don't expire.

In the case of a priest who is specifically attracted to a boy there is a connection with homosexual behaviour as well as being child abuse

If a girl were the victim then it's a case of plain child abuse

Alan Turing was convicted of being a homosexual.

He wasn't convicted of abusing children.

Priests who abuse children are paedophiles. That you don't seem to be able to differentiate between homosexuals and paedophiles probably explains the attitude that led to Alan Turing having to be chemically castrated.

Your view that priests who are attracted to boys display a symptom of homosexuality is one I disagree with. It is a symptom of paedophilia.

Similarly man who have sex with female babies are not displaying symptoms of heterosexuality, they are paedophiles.

Priests who abuse children are paedophiles. That you don't seem to be able to differentiate between homosexuals and paedophiles probably explains the attitude that led to Alan Turing having to be chemically castrated.

Your view that priests who are attracted to boys display a symptom of homosexuality is one I disagree with. It is a symptom of paedophilia.

Similarly man who have sex with female babies are not displaying symptoms of heterosexuality, they are paedophiles.

Homosexuals and Heterosexuals can also be pedophiles and pedophiles are nearly always Heterosexuals or Homosexuals, but I can see the point you was trying to make. The word Pedophile as no place on this topic because like you say, Alan Turing wasn't a pedophile and also shouldn't have been convicted for homosexuality.

Priests who abuse children and when those children are boys are paedophiles with homosexual leanings. If the priest was heterosexual and was attracted to very young girls then he would be a heterosexual paedophile

But in the latter that's very rare in the case of the Catholic Church. Ninety-five percent of priests convicted of molestation are men who were attracted to young members of the same sex.

Any same sex attraction irregardless of age difference has to be counted as basically a homosexual attraction. There's no getting away from that one

---------- Post added 24-12-2013 at 22:31 ----------

Homosexuals and Heterosexuals can also be pedophiles and pedophiles are nearly always Heterosexuals or Homosexuals, but I can see the point you was trying to make. The word Pedophile as no place on this topic because like you say, Alan Turing wasn't a pedophile and also shouldn't have been convicted for homosexuality.

Shouldn't have but was because of the moral standards of the times. Ten year old kids shouldnt have been used as child labour but were because of the labour laws of the times. Women werent allowed to vote because they "didnt know anything" about politics.

To say "shouldnt have" makes no sense. You are talking from the perspective of someone exisiting in the present time.

Shouldn't have but was because of the moral standards of the times. Ten year old kids shouldnt have been used as child labour but were because of the labour laws of the times. Women werent allowed to vote because they "didnt know anything" about politics.

To say "shouldnt have" makes no sense. You are talking from the perspective of someone exisiting in the present time.

Of cause I am, and just because it was against the law in the past doesn't mean the law was right or just or that anyone now has to agree with it.

Of cause I am, and just because it was against the law in the past doesn't mean the law was right or just or that anyone now has to agree with it.

Who says I ever agreed with it. English people back then were very sexually inhibited.

There was a saying that went "Everywhere else men have mistresses. In England they have hot water bottles"

We now live in enlightened times

In the case of a priest who is specifically attracted to a boy there is a connection with homosexual behaviour as well as being child abuse

If a girl were the victim then it's a case of plain child abuse

Clue for you - being gay is not an offence so stop trying to conflate it with child abuse to make it seem like it is more sinister that it really is.

You talk about the English being repressed and then come out with rubbish like your post above...

Clue for you - being gay is not an offence so stop trying to conflate it with child abuse to make it seem like it is more sinister that it really is.

You talk about the English being repressed and then come out with rubbish like your post above...

Who said being gay was an offence? Priests who molest little boys are not judged for being homosexual anyway. Only for committing indecent and unlawful acts against minors. So calm down

Archived