Flooding Problems Solved

Just looking on the news, certain parts of the UK have been deluged with floods effectively writing off Xmas for thousands of people.

So, here are my proposals for solving most of the flooding problems that have blighted homes for generations.

Most homes that are flooded are say bungalows or 2 floor properties, so, it is simple, for those living on flood lines that have problems year after year, simply build up another story and there, problem solved.

Put one floor on top of all these properties so it is effectively a 3 floor home, so when floods do come nothing gets flooded or damaged as most floods only really cover one floor anyway, that way, leave the bedroom floor as it is and have the lounge and kitchen on the third floor.

Just like what some countries did generations ago in the cities, where the only way they solved the problem of horses and animals fowling the pavements and risking health and hygiene, they simply built up another level to avoid all this horse crap on the ground, it was a funny yet natural progression out of that particularly sticky situation, hence why lots of city homes are 3 floors and have steps going up to the main door.

This sort of thinking needs to take place in all countries, it would solve everyone's issues if they just built another floor on top of buildings, the ground floor should be empty or for minimal use, with steps going up to the main door and ramps for vehicles.

I think most insurance companies, emergency services and government relief associations would be grateful to not have to fork out millions in damages every single year because water have written off home possessions on the first flood and cars have been swept away.

So in short, build another floor on top of every flood risk property and problems solved, I should be knighted now :hihi:

Just looking on the news, certain parts of the UK have been deluged with floods effectively writing off Xmas for thousands of people.

So, here are my proposals for solving most of the flooding problems that have blighted homes for generations.

Most homes that are flooded are say bungalows or 2 floor properties, so, it is simple, for those living on flood lines that have problems year after year, simply build up another story and there, problem solved.

Put one floor on top of all these properties so it is effectively a 3 floor home, so when floods do come nothing gets flooded or damaged as most floods only really cover one floor anyway, that way, leave the bedroom floor as it is and have the lounge and kitchen on the third floor.

Just like what some countries did generations ago in the cities, where the only way they solved the problem of horses and animals fowling the pavements and risking health and hygiene, they simply built up another level to avoid all this horse crap on the ground, it was a funny yet natural progression out of that particularly sticky situation, hence why lots of city homes are 3 floors and have steps going up to the main door.

This sort of thinking needs to take place in all countries, it would solve everyone's issues if they just built another floor on top of buildings, the ground floor should be empty or for minimal use, with steps going up to the main door and ramps for vehicles.

I think most insurance companies, emergency services and government relief associations would be grateful to not have to fork out millions in damages every single year because water have written off home possessions on the first flood and cars have been swept away.

So in short, build another floor on top of every flood risk property and problems solved, I should be knighted now :hihi:

And who exactly is going to pay to add an extra floor onto thousands of homes. I see people struggling every month to pay mortgages on the properties they have without adding an extra amount on to what they owe.

How will councils afford to pay to cover council stock ???

Knighthood?.........I don't think so !!!

That's what I meant, add an extra floor.

So why aren't people doing this now?

Why don't those who live in 2 storey houses just live on the top floor?...

...Because they don't want to waste the space!

Adding an extra floor would just mean that people would have bigger houses.

Now if all houses were built with interconnecting cellars, a bit like a huge sewer system...

... oh,... hang on a bit... :huh:

Archived