Am i being hard on them

Some interesting points on here.

Teenagers rebel - so even if they were encouraged to be tidy by their parents, they may not be when they get to be teenagers.

I think 'pick your battles' is good advice where teenagers are concerned, but I do know how annoying the untidiness can be.

Yes. I hate mess, personally, and insist on some semblance of order in the shared areas of the house. I've been known to get teenagers out of bed to make them clear their clothes off the bathroom floor. But I have learnt just to to close doors on their bedrooms if they offend me!

When my two boys were still young teenagers, we would come home from somewhere and not be able to use the TV because they had MTV on or some such garbage. In the end, I cancelled cable for a year, and we lived off the antenna. It worked. Now they do it to their own kids.

Yes. I hate mess, personally, and insist on some semblance of order in the shared areas of the house. I've been known to get teenagers out of bed to make them clear their clothes off the bathroom floor. But I have learnt just to to close doors on their bedrooms if they offend me!

Getting teenagers out of bed?- That's an achievement in itself.....

Getting teenagers out of bed?- That's an achievement in itself.....

Yes, I was quite proud of it! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-12-2013 at 11:24 ----------

Just look at all the excuses some are mustering.

For gods sake,take responsibility,no wonder this counties a mess and they have to ship in foreigners to wipe your rear ends.

Nobody in my family expects anyone else to perform such personal tasks for us, thank you. If we ever do, it will be because we are physically incapable of doing it ourselves and no doubt we'll be glad of those of any nationality, who are willing to do such jobs.

Why is Yorkshire a mess? Please explain. (Or go away and get some spelling and punctuation help).

---------- Post added 27-12-2013 at 11:29 ----------

When my two boys were still young teenagers, we would come home from somewhere and not be able to use the TV because they had MTV on or some such garbage. In the end, I cancelled cable for a year, and we lived off the antenna. It worked. Now they do it to their own kids.

Ha! We did the same with Sky. In fact, we banned TV completely for a year at one point - it improved family life dramatically.

and we lived off the antenna.

What did it taste like?!

I have brought up 3 .The rule I used was ,live how they like in their own rooms but at least once a fortnight it must be blitzed ,tidied ,hoovered and cleaned . The family area was always kept tidy .It didn't take long for them to do it off their own backs . All adults now and each live very differently to each other .Lay down some rules but don't let it spoil your relationship with them . There may be a time when you need communication for a serious issue ,don't let an untidy room breed confrontation .Christmas maybe wasn't the best time to bring it up but hey parenthood doesn't come with a manual . Hope you all had a nice day !

Yes, I was quite proud of it! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-12-2013 at 11:24 ----------

Nobody in my family expects anyone else to perform such personal tasks for us, thank you. If we ever do, it will be because we are physically incapable of doing it ourselves and no doubt we'll be glad of those of any nationality, who are willing to do such jobs.

Why is Yorkshire a mess? Please explain. (Or go away and get some spelling and punctuation help).

---------- Post added 27-12-2013 at 11:29 ----------

Ha! We did the same with Sky. In fact, we banned TV completely for a year at one point - it improved family life dramatically.

What did it taste like?!

Yorkshire? Maybe your reading skills are a bit duff?

Archived