Christmas dinner time

no.1

I think it is daft, one day of the year, to do something bizarre and eat a mammoth meal at 1,2,3 o'clock. It just knocks you out for the rest of the day.

We had breakfast at 7ish, I had lunch at 12 and tea will be at half 6. No rush to prep food, no getting hammered by 5 o'clock. Just nice, relaxing and peaceful. My timetable, I'm cooking so my rules!

I'll bet you made something wonderful. I've read some of your other cooking posts, and everything sounds so yummy.

We got together with my sister's family yesterday, and we both agreed we're tired of cooking and just wanted something simple. My sis made a huge pot of chili and my brother in law grilled hot dogs.

We had chili dogs with cheese, and toasted marshmallows afterwards. I brought homemade Christmas cookies and the neighbor brought peppermint ice cream and made hot cocoa. The little ones in attendance thought it was the best thing ever.

Lots of fun and hardly any dishes! :thumbsup:

Archived