Sofa sale price

GRUSS

We recently (01/12/13) bought a 3 seater sofa and a round spinning twister chair from a well known sofa brand retailer in Rotherham.

We only went in for a look, we told the sales chap and manager that we wanted to wait until the jan sales, he assured us that no further discounts would be added as 'jan sales don't exist'

After a couple of hours we had put a deposit down on the one we liked. The manager knocked us £200 off the price as we were paying cash (even though we have the remainder of the balance to pay before the delivery)

Just checked on their website and the 3 seater sofa has been reduced by £200, we can't see the twister chair. We paid for the extra leather and fabric care @ £190 knowing £200 had been 'knocked' off thus paying for this.

Obviously we're a little angry after they basically lied to us to get a sale.We are due to move into the house end of jan so we ordered at the start of this month to have something to sit on. If we ordered now/jan then it would be feb/march time.

Read the small print on the order form and it says the price can change at anytime etc. the price on the order is the price you pay etc

Is there anything we can do?

Go in guns blazing in a crowded shop kicking off?

Sit back and wait for the sofa (still have to pay the remainder of the balance)

The sofa price in the sale is basically the price we have paid, cannot find the chair though...

Merry Christmas!

They knocked money off for paying cash? Well done... I've heard they usually charge MORE if you dont take the credit option!

I would call up the store and speak to the manager, or if its not too much hassle for you, nip into the shop but dont make a fuss straight off, tell him what you told us and see what happens.

If that fails, try a strongly worded complaint email to head office :)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

When I first asked the salesman if there was any deal to be done with cash he said no point blank. Explained I had savings/waiting to move into first house etc then he got the manager involved.

He made a phonecall to head office to get the £200 off (never heard/saw the phonecall) so this could of been knowing that money was coming off anyway in the sale...

We were all set to leave it till the new year sales.. But as we had already been in the other big retailers and seen nothing. The sofa we have purchased caught our eye straight away.

The problem is I can't find the twister chair on their website that we have purchased. I imagine its in the sale or some sort of discount is applied on it.

The £200 knocked off in the sale is the same as what we've paid anyway.

Suppose the main thing in which we are slightly miffed is that he assured us several times no reduction would be made in the upcoming sales. Typical aye!

I'm not the one to 'kickoff' and neither is the mrs but I guess it's worth going in for a chat..

Is the total price you paid the same as they are now advertising the sofa for ?

I don't know the price of the individual twister chair and we can't find it on their website. We did think of just going in and asking how much the chair is (if its still in the same place on the display)

The 3 seater is now £200 cheaper than RRP but we got that knocked off. Then we used it to purchase the additional cover for both items @£190

---------- Post added 25-12-2013 at 22:31 ----------

can't understand what your complaining about if you got the extra leather care etc but are still paying the same price????

I'm not complaining just voicing our disappointment on be assured that no money would be knocked off in the sale.

I'm still trying to find the twister chair we have bought..

so in other words, if you find the twister chair cheaper than you paid, then overall you've been lied to and shafted. get you now. i very much doubt it is in the sale but if you went in and asked then they would probably give you a discount on it anyway! try it and see.

so in other words, if you find the twister chair cheaper than you paid, then overall you've been lied to and shafted. get you now. i very much doubt it is in the sale but if you went in and asked then they would probably give you a discount on it anyway! try it and see.

Pretty much yeah!

I imagine £50-£100 knocked off the twister. We'll go in tomorrow morning and have a chat. We'll just say we're disappointed after been assured of no sale discount and question of the twister is in the sale. Worth a shot I guess. :-)

---------- Post added 29-12-2013 at 17:19 ----------

Well we went in this afternoon, asked if the twister chair was in the sale.. Yes it was! Reduced by £80. Spoke to the manager who without any fuss knocked us £105 off our remaining balance to pay. Very happy.

I then had my eye on a reclining single chair (same make as the 3 seater) this was in the sale with £100 reduced. Got talking with the manager, said I was interested and asked if there was a deal to be done. In the end he knocked me 10% off :-) so that's ordered..

Overall, a very nice end to a niggling issue we had. All the staff were helpful and we expected a full on argument. Can't wait for it all to be delivered now.

Archived