Brompton road cafe, attercliffe. Does anyone remember it.

Smudge01

Jacko you must be prehistoric by now,when my mother used to go shopping down the cliffe we caught the number 5 from the Forum Southey to Brompton Rd and she would do the shopping then we would wait for the bus back.I loved it cos i always had an Ovaltine or a Horlicks in those special shaped mugs while she had a smoke.The bus then was the old back loader and if i remember right the bridge on Newhall rd had a big dip in the road and sometimes was flooded,no ime not thinking of Upwell St before someone chimes in.Jacko ime 72 now so you must be in your late eighties at least.

Jacko you must be prehistoric by now,when my mother used to go shopping down the cliffe we caught the number 5 from the Forum Southey to Brompton Rd and she would do the shopping then we would wait for the bus back.I loved it cos i always had an Ovaltine or a Horlicks in those special shaped mugs while she had a smoke.The bus then was the old back loader and if i remember right the bridge on Newhall rd had a big dip in the road and sometimes was flooded,no ime not thinking of Upwell St before someone chimes in.Jacko ime 72 now so you must be in your late eighties at least.

Newhall road also flooded under the bridge when it rained heavy.

Archived