Anti semetic or anti zionist?

Are you a kind of apologist for anti-antisemitism then? You're saying it's Ok?

Oh here we go, the anti Semitic label.

Why would I be anti anything for being fed up with hearing about this **** all of the time, you can't fart without it upsetting Israel. They have this whole victim thing sown up so if you say anything or do anything your labelled.

They do some of the most horrible things, bombing kids ect, but mention it and your anti-Semitic or a Fascist.

And by the way Andy, I think you used anti twice, I thought you meant I was siding with them when you put anti anti...

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 00:11 ----------

Because it's a crappy thing to do. I have a right to be a spiteful sod but choose not to. Just because you want to be antisemitic and dress as a nazi doesn't make you funny or clever just because you are exercising your rights. It's just makes you an arse.

I think your topping up my post arn't you ?

Quote me as saying I was going to dress up as anything.

And while we have resorted to name calling, your a double arse then with boils on :hihi:

Oh here we go, the anti Semitic label.

Why would I be anti anything for being fed up with hearing about this **** all of the time, you can't fart without it upsetting Israel. They have this whole victim thing sown up so if you say anything or do anything your labelled.

They do some of the most horrible things, bombing kids ect, but mention it and your anti-Semitic or a Fascist.

And by the way Andy, I think you used anti twice, I thought you meant I was siding with them when you put anti anti...

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 00:11 ----------

I think your topping up my post arn't you ?

Quote me as saying I was going to dress up as anything.

And while we have resorted to name calling, your a double arse then with boils on :hihi:

The square mustache? Baggy trousers and keeping the sun out of your eyes with a straight, raised arm? I supposed it could be a homage to on the buses. Try that at a remembrance day service and let me know how you get on. It's your right to do so afterall.

The square mustache? Baggy trousers and keeping the sun out of your eyes with a straight, raised arm? I supposed it could be a homage to on the buses. Try that at a remembrance day service and let me know how you get on. It's your right to do so afterall.

Exactly, I should be able to do any one of those things or all of them without anyone labelling me. You yourself point out on the buses, is that an anti Semitic program as well in your eyes ?

Still, thanks for the apology about me dressing as a Nazi, if I ever get one.

Your the epitome of the point I was making about stuff like this getting topped up to further the cause of victim hood.

Exactly, I should be able to do any one of those things or all of them without anyone labelling me. You yourself point out on the buses, is that an anti Semitic program as well in your eyes ?

Still, thanks for the apology about me dressing as a Nazi, if I ever get one.

Your the epitome of the point I was making about stuff like this getting topped up to further the cause of victim hood.

No apology from me I'm afraid. It's my right to offend you isn't it and you to be offended. :D

Maybe Jews are "weary" of people thinking facist salutes are jolly japes.

I'll have you Butler !

Sorry I couldn't resist :hihi:

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 00:36 ----------

No apology from me I'm afraid. It's my right to offend you isn't it and you to be offended. :D

You can offend me, but making things up to have me labelled is another matter.

I don't mind being called an arse though, that's your right to consider my attitude how you see fit, if you feel the need to resort to name calling then I have no problem with it, just as long as you don't ;)

Jewish people are not the only Semites around= http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/534157/Semite

True enough, all Arabic people are Semitic as were the ancient Phoenecians who colonised large parts of the Mediterranean and rivalled Rome for a while.

However, the term antisemitic always refers to racism against Jews. You would never use the term to refer to racism against Arabs. Wikipedia says -

While the term's etymology might suggest that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic people, the term was coined in the late 19th century in Germany as a more scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"), and that has been its normal use since then.

I find racism dispicable but I am always confused as to why the Jews have a specific word that means discrimination against them yet no other group has this to the rest of society its just racism.

you need to know about where the word comes from. It is not as if a Jewish person, or the Jewish people devised or invented the word themselves.

it was coined by a racist German Jew hater by the name of Wilhelm Marr http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Marr around 150 years ago, to make Jew hating sound more modernistic, and 'scientific' in like an early example of poilitical correctness.

incidentally the word should not be spelt with a hyphen. The orginial German word antisemitisch is never spelt with a hyphen.

this is important, as spelling it with a hyphen gives rise to the misconception that the word antisemitism has something to do with the notion of Semite (which is more of a language group than people, anyway), when it does not. Antisemitism as a word, has never meant anything other than describing the practice of hating Jews.

So this guy Dieudonne invented this gesture, and he says it is anti-zionist so how can somebody else say it is anti semitism? It's bonkers. I don't usually say PC gone maaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd, but it really is this time. It's a made up gesture, it can represent whatever someone who made it up says it does.

So this guy Dieudonne invented this gesture, and he says it is anti-zionist so how can somebody else say it is anti semitism? It's bonkers. I don't usually say PC gone maaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd, but it really is this time. It's a made up gesture, it can represent whatever someone who made it up says it does.

People can be anti-Zionist without being a Jew hater. Dieudonne clearly hates Jews.

Archived