Anti semetic or anti zionist?

Semites are not people in fact I don't even think there is sch a word as 'semite'. Semitic refers to language groups see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_languages

clearly you do not like the way Israel managed to re-establish itself in the modern era after not being much of a national home for the Jewish people for the 2,000 plus years after it was taken over by foreign colonial powers, including the Arabs, but I'm afraid you will have to stuff that in your pipe and smoke it. Israel is here to stay and it isn't going anywhere.

What is of course ironic is that Zionism is the most incredible anti colonial struggle there has ever been, in world history and you would have thought that most leftists, who are always ranting on about how 'anti colonial' they are supposed to be, if they weren't Jew-hating racists, would recognise that. After nearly 2,000 years, the Jewish people finally managed to reclaim their national home.

Actually I don't hate anything and I don't believe in fairy stories so don't believe in god and Israel being given to jews etc. etc. anyway you're still not answering my question.

I don't care about the history of the word anti-semite, I asked you if I can be a critic of Israel, as a state and how it acts, not as a homeland for jews, without you calling me an antisemite but I didn't even get that far, you've already made me out to be one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/columnist-1020688/Martin-Samuel.html

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 19:01 ----------

To me of course like all states Israel is open to criticism.Theres plenty of Jews critical of actions of the state.

I think disinvestment, may have a valid role.

The problem is, in Germany ,Poland and Austria..they made it illegal yo do the Nazi salute,don't know if it is in France.I'll assume it is, so this guy has come up with a "cute" way of doing it.Say, there was no anti semitic element when he came up with it, but then his fans took to doing it at the Holocaust Mus.,and Auschwitz...don't you think he might decide to renounce it.

Actually I don't hate anything and I don't believe in fairy stories so don't believe in god and Israel being given to jews etc. etc. anyway you're still not answering my question.

I don't care about the history of the word anti-semite, I asked you if I can be a critic of Israel, as a state and how it acts, not as a homeland for jews, without you calling me an antisemite but I didn't even get that far, you've already made me out to be one.

No. If you work for the press you will be asked to leave or sacked. you will be told to find anti Muslim stories. It always amuses me when when news presenters and politicians squirm when commenting on Israel.

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 23:38 ----------

Does this now mean you can't touch your shoulder?

Some people spend too much time trying to find Racism where none exists.

Quite correct mate some idiots thrive on racism the ethnics are here now and they are staying I worked at asos and made a few foreign mates mind you not many that worked there were English:hihi:

I don't care about the history of the word anti-semite, I asked you if I can be a critic of Israel, as a state and how it acts, not as a homeland for jews,

yes as I have already said, you can criticise the policies of the Israeli government as much as you want, as I can and do, and just as millions of Israelis, do all the time.

but when you or others start to criticise the notion of Jewish nationalism, when it seems almost nobody ever criticises the notion of Japanese, or Thai, or Norwegian, or Finn, or Iranian nationalism, then believe it or not there are people out there, like me, who is neither Jewish nor Israeli, who are going to wonder why you seem to be picking on only one.

yes as I have already said, you can criticise the policies of the Israeli government as much as you want, as I can and do, and just as millions of Israelis, do all the time.

but when you or others start to criticise the notion of Jewish nationalism, when it seems almost nobody ever criticises the notion of Japanese, or Thai, or Norwegian, or Finn, or Iranian nationalism, then believe it or not there are people out there, like me, who is neither Jewish nor Israeli, who are going to wonder why you seem to be picking on only one.

Thats easy, its because they hate Jews. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

seems West Broms sponsors didnt like his antics

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25810659

West Brom sponsor Zoopla have decided to end their sponsorship of the club at the end of the season over Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" gesture.

Anelka, 34, made the sign, described as an inverted Nazi salute and declared by some to be anti-Semitic, after scoring against West Ham on 28 December 2013.

Zoopla, co-owned by Jewish businessman Alex Chesterman, will focus on other marketing activities.

Thats easy, its because they hate Jews. :thumbsup:

Oh do **** off. Why would anyone hate Jews unless they are inbred idiots like yourself.

---------- Post added 21-01-2014 at 09:05 ----------

And who here has criticised the idea of Jewish nationalism,

Archived