Anti semetic or anti zionist?

Is there any particular reason you're concerned about anti-Semitism but not for example about Enoch Powell's racism, even going so far as denying that he was racist?

Well, yes- as he wasn't, even though you'd clearly like him to have been. It was he who, as Minister of Health in the 1950s, actively encouraged West Indians to come to the UK and work in the NHS.

so the controversy of the comic, anelka AND the gesture rumbles on

Fraud police have raided the comics property

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25927003

and also the gesture has been used again by right wing protestors

and ive also read the comic is due to do a show or two in britain very shortly AND to stick up for his friend Anelka

Different countrie have different customs and laws; it would be chaos is every law applied in every country, we should be just concerned with our countries laws.

The age of consent in France is 15, should we apply that law too?

He hasn't broken any of our laws, the police are not looking into this case. It is the FA why have charged him for breaking their laws.

The use of two fingers is wasteful in the extreme. In America we use only one. Or none if the driver you are showing it to happens to be packing heat.

When I first came here I learnt that if someones packing heat then all ten fingers, palms out in an upward manner was generally the greeting one was expected to perform. :hihi:

Well, yes- as he wasn't, even though you'd clearly like him to have been. It was he who, as Minister of Health in the 1950s, actively encouraged West Indians to come to the UK and work in the NHS.

In the 50s, eh? And what about a certain speech he made in the 60s which led to him becoming a far-right hero, something he remains even to this day. I bet if he'd said what he said about Jews instead of about blacks then you'd have a different tune.

Are you also implying that Oswald Moseley couldn't have been an overt racist from the 30s onwards because he wasn't in the 20s?

as far as I am concerned, although criticism of Israel and Israeli policies is entirely legitimate, the expressions 'anti Zionism' and antisemitism are pretty much interchangeable. Anti Zionists are people that single out Jews, and think that unlike other people, they shouldn't be allowed the notion of self determination and to be nationalists like almost everybody else, apart from the Jewish people, is allowed to be nationalists.

What if, like me, you think pretty much all nationalism aside from a bit of banter at sporting events is bad full stop?

Including Israeli, British, Norwegian or whoever else you care to mention.

Is there any particular reason you're concerned about anti-Semitism but not for example about Enoch Powell's racism, even going so far as denying that he was racist?
Enoch Powell was admired by Michael Foot, and was a friend of Tony Benn.

Had he been a racist, I doubt he would have been.

Archived