Hotpoint washer dryer help!

I have a hotpoint Aquarius washer dryer it fills up with water and spins and the dryer works fine but I won't empty the water out does any one know what maybe wrong with it or is there anyone who can come to my home to look at it and give me a free quote on how much to get it repaired? Thanks

I have a hotpoint Aquarius washer dryer it fills up with water and spins and the dryer works fine but I won't empty the water out does any one know what maybe wrong with it or is there anyone who can come to my home to look at it and give me a free quote on how much to get it repaired? Thanks

I don't know if a washer dryer has the same set up as a washer to check the pump and filter are working and not blocked, but is there an opening on the front bottom that you can open to remove the filter (it normally twists out) and check its not blocked? Mine had the same problem and it was a sock and a bra wire blocking the filter. The pump had burnt out but hubby managed to replace that for about a tenner himself buying the part from eBay and watching a youtube video to fit it!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 29-12-2013 at 11:57 ----------

Getting someone to come out and look though, it can be super pricey and most of the common problems are an easy fix if you are a bit handy or have someone eg family or friend who is. My washer wouldn't spin the other week, I rang Apollo at Woodseats for advice. Its the carbon brushes they said. They quoted me 82.50 to come and fix them. I bought the brushes on eBay for 2.79 and again hubby fitted them with the help of Youtube. Turns out it was actually the motor that had died, and not the brushes and I needed a new washer though!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived