Paul Gadd lived at Firvale

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin who lived at Lane Top brought his mate to my house early seventies and said the mate was in the Glitter Band. His real first name was Albert but I believed he plays/ed the WMC in Sheffield as Jimmy James certainly up to ten yers ago.

As a then impressionable 13 year old I would have believed anything so maybe he was the roadie!

Anyone out there know Albert. He would know where the perv lived only wish we had known where and got him before he did the damage he done.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
During the sixties, Paul Gadd, alias Gary Glitter lived at Fir Vale for a time when he was'nt so famous as he was in the 70s and of course today for other infamous matters.

His stage name at the time was Paul Raven.

Also Englebert Humperdinck also lived in Fir Vale during his early career, his name is on the tip of my tongue but cannot quite remember his.

Did anybody live in that area at the time or remember them at there time in Fir Vale.

Was his name Gerry ?

Yes Rowland Roy & Jackie Toldoff around 1968/70

• 1 month later...

Didn'T know he lived in Sheffield but did know there was a Sheffield connection in the early 80s my mate Lloyd was a session Guitarist and was offered a few gigs as stand in Guitarist with the Glitter band,He turned it down as he didnt think he would fit in as he was more of a rock Guitarist.(bet hes glad he did now, as this was before all the info came out)

The other slight connection with Sheffield was Steve Lindley Glitters EX-Tour manager once worked for Radio Hallam as a promo man,He got the sack for an encounter with a young girl at one of Radio Hallams roadshows in the back of the Van.(Just goes to show)

Remember it being reported on the front page of the Sheffield Star but cant remember the year.

The final connection was when i was working as DJ at the Crows Nest pub on the Hyde park in the early 80s when a guy came in and said he designed the Star shaped guitar for Glitter and some guitars for for other famous people.

Archived