Are we in danger of losing a generation of young adults.

I agree . I know I saw drugs when I was younger because I used to go to Raves all the time , but I was never tempted to try them at all . I could dance all night without the help of drugs , maybe it is genetics. Either way the parents of these out of control youth must take some responsibility for how their kids behave. I think one cause could be that these kids have probably seen their parents take drugs or drink to excess so they think it is OK hence the young age the kids are starting . But there is another side to the coin & that is that seemingly normal , well brought up kids get in with the wrong crowd.

I was thinking a great deal about this subject lately. With a great many of our young people either on drugs or alcohol ,even both & are risking severe health issues that I feel they will wipe themselves out sooner or later. This is a worrying thing when you think about the future . I have also met young Asian people that are out of control , taking hard drugs & drinking dangerous amounts of alcohol. This is so frightening . What has gone wrong here ? . Is it a rebellious thing or just a lack of education . Something needs to be done fast or we will lose a generation .

I know what you mean, but I think it's wrong to tar all kids with the same brush. I'm sure there's still plenty of decent kids out there but you just don't get to hear about them because they're not newsworthy.

My Mum despaired of my generation in the 60's, and I in turn thought nothing could ever be as bad as the Punks of the 80's (with apologies - you seem to have turned out alright after all.)

However, things are changing very rapidly, and I do think we are in danger of having a very unhappy, disenfranchised generation of young people unless we get the economy, jobs etc back on track.

I also worry when I see kids constantly glued to their mobiles rather than interacting with real people and things. Our strength is in community and each other, and this has sadly gone downhill steadily for the last 50 years.

I am not tarring them all because I know some brilliant ones & I hope they are the future . It is just sad that some of the young ones are going to be dead if they don't change

Some adults will be dead if they don't change their driving, drinking, smoking habits, are you suggesting a generation lost of adults too?

Some adults even die of stress and anxiety.:suspect:

"Losing a generation of young adults"? What utter over exaggerated sensationalist twaddle.

I was thinking a great deal about this subject lately. With a great many of our young people either on drugs or alcohol ,even both & are risking severe health issues that I feel they will wipe themselves out sooner or later. This is a worrying thing when you think about the future . I have also met young Asian people that are out of control , taking hard drugs & drinking dangerous amounts of alcohol. This is so frightening . What has gone wrong here ? . Is it a rebellious thing or just a lack of education . Something needs to be done fast or we will lose a generation .

Well this happened in the 1960s also but it didnt destroy a generation. 90 percent of those young druggies and drunks got their acts together as they matured and undertook responsibilities. Now they're seniors all wedded to the establishment they once despised and concerned about their retirement pensions and cholesterol levels

• 2 weeks later...
Well this happened in the 1960s also but it didnt destroy a generation. 90 percent of those young druggies and drunks got their acts together as they matured and undertook responsibilities. Now they're seniors all wedded to the establishment they once despised and concerned about their retirement pensions and cholesterol levels

That is so true ! :hihi:

Who would want to promote someone who is a clean girl next door or a clean boy next door any way ? Cos that would be uninteresting.

Escapism and burning through your ego with drugs, alcohol, rock and roll is apparently the way of life any way. Everybody says that, so what is different ?

Archived