Yet another bomb in Volgograd.

You posted someones opinion on whether suicide bombing can be justified in Islam. The mere fact that some Muslims interpret the Qur'an in away that does justify it, makes your point irrelevant.

I was challenging the view that ALL Muslims believe suicide bombing is permissible.

---------- Post added 31-12-2013 at 13:30 ----------

Perhaps you should revisit your link and read the bit about martyrdom.

You could be forgiven for reading the intent of my post incorrectly as reading it back it's gobbledegook, I was trying to say that the Quran condemns any act of suicide. Incidentally they believe martyrs are not people who take their own lives in pursuit of their objectives.

On the contrary.

One thing I've learned from using this forum is how English, it's grammar and the bastardisation of the meaning of words combined is used as a tool to back-peddle, squirm and wriggle by others.

And therefore decided to do just that yourself.

---------- Post added 31-12-2013 at 13:38 ----------

You could be forgiven for reading the intent of my post incorrectly as reading it back it's gobbledegook, I was trying to say that the Quran condemns any act of suicide. Incidentally they believe martyrs are not people who take their own lives in pursuit of their objectives.

But that does not apply to god's objectives.

I was challenging the view that ALL Muslims believe suicide bombing is permissible.
No one as made such a claim, so why challenge it?

Some might but not all, but then its hard to believe anything they say because their book also tells them to lie to non believers if it furthers the cause of Islam.

That is no more relevant than saying not all muslims are teetotal. 26% of muslims thinking suicide bombing is Ok is a lot of folk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-26-of-young-us-muslims-ok-bombs/

"One in four younger U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings to defend their religion are acceptable at least in some circumstances"

"Even so, U.S. Muslims are far less accepting of suicide attacks than Muslims in many other nations. In surveys Pew conducted last year, support in some Muslim countries exceeded 50 percent, while it was considered justifiable by about one in four Muslims in Britain and Spain, and one in three in France."

Some might but not all, but then its hard to believe anything they say because their book also tells them to lie to non believers if it furthers the cause of Islam.

Whatever their book says or doesn't say, as I said before if Muslims believed the lie (propagated by Muslim extremists and Islamophobes alike) that 72 virgins awaited suicide bombers in some fictitious celestial paradise, we'd all be dead already, in other words this view isn't being formed by experience.

Whatever their book says or doesn't say, as I said before if Muslims believed the lie (propagated by Muslim extremists and Islamophobes alike) that 72 virgins awaited suicide bombers in some fictitious celestial paradise, we'd all be dead already, in other words this view isn't being formed by experience.

I see another spate of suicide bombings has occurred in Yemen.

I think your point holds no water whatsoever. If Hitler could have killed us all he would have done. Vigilance and fighting back is what is preventing the world being overwhelmed by the fanatics. Listening to Lord Haw Haw is OK because no one believes a word you, I mean he said.

That is no more relevant than saying not all muslims are teetotal. 26% of muslims thinking suicide bombing is Ok is a lot of folk.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-26-of-young-us-muslims-ok-bombs/

"One in four younger U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings to defend their religion are acceptable at least in some circumstances"

"Even so, U.S. Muslims are far less accepting of suicide attacks than Muslims in many other nations. In surveys Pew conducted last year, support in some Muslim countries exceeded 50 percent, while it was considered justifiable by about one in four Muslims in Britain and Spain, and one in three in France."

I'd like to see the questions that were asked to obtain those results. I wonder what the outcome would be if UK citizens were polled to decide what level of retribution were acceptable in light of the murder of Lee Rigby or the terrorist attacks on the London Underground?

I also think this quote from your link is interesting and requires further investigation

While nearly 80 percent of U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings of civilians to defend Islam cannot be justified, 13 percent say they can be, at least rarely.

Archived