Sport Hall required for circuit training

wylie17

Hi All,

I am looking to set up a new circuit training business for the new year and I need a sports hall for this.

I am looking for something anywhere in sheffield preferably near S20 but doesn't have to be.

I am looking for the cheapest hall possible at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas or past experiences please let me know,

Thanks,

Nick

That's great, it's me and my mates business and we are from a sports science and fitness background.

Once we have secured a sports hall we will start advertising but we pretty much have it set up so we will let you know in early January.

Thanks,

Nick

I have seen many circuit training sessions come and go, and to be honest it is a very difficult market.

You are not going to get a hall for less than £20 for one hour. If you charge £4 per head, you need 5 people just to cover the hall hire. Factor in staff and transport costs, you need 15 people every session just to come out with a wage for your time.

The alternative is that you run the class for free, and build up a following. You then get people wanting personal training, and that is where the money is.

I have seen many circuit training sessions come and go, and to be honest it is a very difficult market.

You are not going to get a hall for less than £20 for one hour. If you charge £4 per head, you need 5 people just to cover the hall hire. Factor in staff and transport costs, you need 15 people every session just to come out with a wage for your time.

The alternative is that you run the class for free, and build up a following. You then get people wanting personal training, and that is where the money is.

Definatly not true, 20 people in a sports hall at £5 each will blow away Personal Training in terms of cash. If you operate in a gym as a PT then you'll also have to pay very high rents

You are correct in what you say about it being a very difficult market though

Definatly not true, 20 people in a sports hall at £5 each will blow away

True - but it is building up the reputation and custom to get to 20 people.

Some people do pull it off - I know of some trainers that run sessions and have very loyal followings. But you need to create a niche, and draw people from that niche - be it bums and tums mums, or boot camp weight loss. General circuit training just won't appeal, as people will not know it is appropriate for them.

Archived