New year fireworks in London

A waste of money!

I,ve just driven back from London to celebrate the new year.

What a waste a money, surely in this climate, high unemployment , food shortage, you know the rest.

Why don't we cancel fire works for 1 year and use the money in a positive way instead of seeing thousands going up in smoke. . . . And for what

Also I saw a homeless person wake up because of all the noise.

HNY Everyone

A waste of money!

What a waste a money, surely in this climate, high unemployment , food shortage, you know the rest.

Why don't we cancel fire works for 1 year and use the money in a positive way instead of seeing thousands going up in smoke. . . . And for what

HNY Everyone

What a load of gonads.

Well, I.m 6 hours in and nothing's changed. I'm still jobless, my boiler is still making that funny noise. The old lady on the ground floor still only have one visitor a day (her carer) and the council are still cutting their budget.

HNY everyone. I bet half of NY revolutions get broken today, if not - by the weekend.

A waste of money!

HNY Everyone

Why did you go, if you think it's a waste of money? :confused:

In any case I doubt Vodafone would pay the sponsorship money to anything else. Yes it will cost the authorities money but maybe there is also a saving by having everyone in one central place. It certainly must make it easier for the police and fire brigade than having thousands of people holding their own firework displays.

And... yes we might be in a time of austerity but that doesn't mean everything should be cancelled. BBC are reporting 150,000 people were in London last night so clearly the fireworks are popular.

Would you also cancel Christmas to save money?

A waste of money!

HNY Everyone

Haha! your the one wasting money going to that dump called London in the first place. The Homeless person was probably awakened by your noisy boiler back in Sheffield. :loopy::hihi:

Well, I.m 6 hours in and nothing's changed. I'm still jobless, my boiler is still making that funny noise. The old lady on the ground floor still only have one visitor a day (her carer) and the council are still cutting their budget.

HNY everyone. I bet half of NY revolutions get broken today, if not - by the weekend.

Why don't you stop moaning a bit and do something to make a difference....Like being the old lady's second visitor of the day......:rolleyes:

Fireworks were fantastic but cost £2 million.

It now seems to be an International competition to see who can put on the best New Year fireworks.

As Britain's importance and prestige fall, no doubt the fireworks will get better and better. We have to be able to show off at something....

Archived