'Helping the poor is not about charity, it's

I'm sure he must donate a sizable junk of his £70,810 income and he probably lets the homeless sleep in his large house.

About £22772 is what he contributes to pay for those less fortunate than himself.

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 21:58 ----------

I pay about half of my income to support those standing around on the street corners doing nothing and to queue behind them at the doctors and the hospital

'Helping the poor is not about Charity, it's about justice'...

I couldn't agree more. He says it's not about politics but about love.

I think charity is more about alleviating suffering and elevating society above a level of poverty that's not beneficial. Is it about love? I don't think so. When I give to charity or to the man selling the big issue, I don't give because I love them. I give because seeing people suffer or in a worse situation than me, makes me feel bad; their suffering makes me suffer. Helping them helps me feel better. Happy even.

He also asks that everyone to try to change their bit of the world for the better.

He's not really said anything that hasn't been said before, but I definitely agree with him here.

Archived