What Really Goes Into Pies?

I have seen on a regular basis mince sold in the market (castle) in polythene bags for about 50 pence a pound, and people buying it { and thats not been bleached }.

I've seen dodgy mince there too & in the new Moor Market. Some of the stalls are crap. I often see frozen meat defrosting out on display at some of them. People seem to buy it too, just because it's cheap, even though they're stood right next to a quality butchers.

Take a look at some smartprice or market value mince if you've got a strong stomach :gag:

There are plenty of good stalls in the market too, you don't need to buy the cheapest worst quality meat if you don't want to, you have the choice in there. It's all crap in a supermarket, unless it's 'extra special', 'taste the difference', etc, then you've got a 50/50 chance of it being OK, but it's double the price, you've got no choice either, it's usually miles drive to the next big supermarket. In the market you've got 5-10 different butchers competing with each other, you can see everything they've got & pick the best.

I've seen dodgy mince there too. Some of the stalls are crap. I often see frozen meat defrosting out on display at some of them. People seem to buy it too, just because it's cheap, even though they're stood right next to a quality butchers.

There are plenty of good stalls in the market, you don't need to buy the cheapest worst quality meat if you don't want to, you have the choice in there.

i'm thick though, do asda sell crapola mince? :(

Hey, I looked at a COOP pie toady and it said 10% meat on the front.:huh: It's supposed to be a meat pie for crying out loud.

Is some of this meat from cows gonads and stiff?

Opines?

Same with sausages, legally they only need to contain 19% meat. Personally I go for those that contain 85 - 90% meat like 'Porky Whites', they taste like good old-fashion sausages.

It's pretty much everything that was left after they cut all the meat off the animal. Probably not the freshest stuff either, they don't have to label if it was bad meat that they bleached to kill the bugs, etc. You know something isn't right with your meat when it's cheaper than a can of dog food.

Archived