'Hillsbro'..praise in order !

Well thanks, PopT, and all the other people who have written these kind words! It came as a very pleasant surprise to start off the year, and it makes me want to pour a wee dram or two from my well stocked cabinet ;) and drink the health of all Forummers, near and far!.:)

Jeez Hillsboro, it's a wonder tha't not flat in thi back wi that lot!

As a teetotaller I'll drink your health in orange juice but, the thoughts well-meant just the same.

Jeez Hillsboro, it's a wonder tha't not flat in thi back wi that lot!....
Actually, the Strathisla and the 20 year-old Glen Scotia are now just a memory, but I overcame my Yorkshire parsimony and shared out the nectar a little (the photo was taken before Hogmanay)..:)

Actually, the Strathisla and the 20 year-old Glen Scotia are now just a memory, but I overcame my Yorkshire parsimony and shared out the nectar a little (the photo was taken before Hogmanay)..:)

That's quite a collection H. I see you've got down the Laphroaig. I bought my dad a bottle for Christmas once and he said it tasted like TCP. :) Not being a connoisseur, I must say he did have a point.

That's quite a collection H. I see you've got down the Laphroaig. I bought my dad a bottle for Christmas once and he said it tasted like TCP. :) Not being a connoisseur, I must say he did have a point.
Och - it's an acquirrred taste....;)

I wouldn't normally reply to a topic such as this, but here goes......

I tend to read SF rather than post. It's a "must read" as an ex pat, so to speak.

I'm always amazed at the knowledge hillsbro comes up with as regards Sheffield.

The links provided to this and that...always an interesting read.

Best wishes to you and Marion.

Archived