Secrecy in government over pit closures

Please the police orchestrated Orgreave, it was agreed before Scargill arrived he'd be arrested, and as Taxman says it was rumoured some of police were dressed up soldiers.

I was told this many years ago by people that were involved in the strike, and don't forget that police statements were altered at Orgreave, and court cases stopped as the charges were as trumped up as an elephant's fart.

this is an interesting documentary on the "battle"

15 minutes in is interesting showing the police attacking

funny you should say that, this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61980YP1Yvk links both the miners strike and hillsborough together from the way the police covered things up

I am not denying any wrongdoing on either side and I am not getting in to the rights and wrongs of any cover ups.

It just seems that at Hillsborough the only people seeming to be in the wrong are the police and now it seems to be that way during the miners strike.

For the record, I was in the Army for 22 years and never met any serving soldier who had any involvement in the strikes.

Thatcher(may she rot in hell) wanted scargill out of the way and didn't care about destroying peoples jobs and lives to do it.Now it has been proven she told LIES.So the police lied,the witch lied,the goverment lied all to get rid of scargill because in your opinion he was getting too big for his boots:loopy:

I'm suprised you haven't tried to blame our current council for making the witch lie:hihi::hihi:

I blame Scargill:)

and Janet Dore.

It looks as though Arthur Scargill was right after all

The despicable Thatcher and her American cohort McGregor did decide to close 75 pits despite denying it at the time according to secret Government documents released this week.

The Tory Government should apologise to the mining communities in our area for ruining the lives of thousands of hard working people .

What a despicable party ,what a despicable women.

Scargill was trying to force uneconomic pits to stay open.

Perhaps if he wasn't such a moron then things might have gone better.

but he forced the matter, so they shut all of the pits and completely ruined the NUM.

Scargill was as bad as Thatcher.

It looks as though Arthur Scargill was right after all

The despicable Thatcher and her American cohort McGregor did decide to close 75 pits despite denying it at the time according to secret Government documents released this week.

The Tory Government should apologise to the mining communities in our area for ruining the lives of thousands of hard working people .

What a despicable party ,what a despicable women.

Well said cuttsie, sticking up for our class as per.

Please the police orchestrated Orgreave, it was agreed before Scargill arrived he'd be arrested, and as Taxman says it was rumoured some of police were dressed up soldiers.

Is that public record then, or all just rumours??

For the record, I was in the Army for 22 years and never met any serving soldier who had any involvement in the strikes.

Scargill was trying to force uneconomic pits to stay open.

Perhaps if he wasn't such a moron then things might have gone better.

but he forced the matter, so they shut all of the pits and completely ruined the NUM.

Scargill was as bad as Thatcher.

Just a quick question,if the 75 pits were uneconomic why lie and say we are only going to shut 20,what had they got to hide:huh:

Archived