Secrecy in government over pit closures

Why was it a lie,all soldiers sign the official secrets act so just by threatening to reveal this he would be in trouble,you really shouldnt call people you dont know liars its very rude and certainly naive to believe in fairness where the authorities are concerned.

By the way I was there ,the Police initiated the trouble but believe what you wish it doesnt really matter anymore.

Of course all servicemen sign the official secrets act 1911(amended 1989) however, MACA (Military Aid to the Civil Authority) would preclude servicemen from acting in this way:

Legal considerations:

All operations must be conducted within both civil and military law. Failure to comply with this principle may result in criminal and/or civil law proceedings being brought against individuals or the MOD. Unlike the Police and some other civil agencies, members of the Armed Forces have no powers over and above those of the ordinary citizen. They have the same personal duty as anyone else to abide by the law at all times.

Therefore he could have refused without repercussion.

Where are all the hundreds of other servicemen that were approached or who were there?

I believe they would have come forward by now.

As I said, I served for 22years and never spoke to anyone who had been there or approached.

As has been released, it was part of a plan to use serviceman to drive the coal lorries but was never implemented.

And it does matter that is why it is all over the news and we are talking about it now.

And I never said that police did not initiate any trouble

but this news shows thatcher to be the bigger of the two, he said, she denied it shamelessly, now its proved he was right

A question,

How to tell if a politician is lying,

Their mouth will be moving.

Angel.

No. Obviously the inflation rate was a scandal.The balance of payments arguably another one,and the three day week a necessity and Heath quit to easily,but the strike forced him to go to the country early,therefore the strike brought the government down,otherwise he would have stayed in power.

no.

he had a reasonable majority and could have gone on for another 12 months - it was a political decision he made - arguably at the time it was the right decision, but it was his choice

Archived