Anyone been in The Riverside (formerly the Freemasons) Hillsborough?

rollwithit

They recalled it Riverside? That is pathetic, as medusa points out, we already have one (didn't know the other was there) in the area.

I would love a true pub in Hillsborough (corner) as I haven't found anywhere that I'd like to go so far, I'll give Riverside a go if it has improved, last time I was there it felt like a drinking hole for the alcos from up the hill like most of the other pubs in the area.

and the Riverside chipshop too!

Well I cant understand changing name to same as 2 other bars / pubs closeby either. Called in for drink earlier tonight to try the real ales, but no atmosphere on walking in -& a sign hanging on pumps saying all 5 pumps being cleaned!!! When questioning barmaid if any real ales available she said think so -then when we pointed out the sign -she didnt even know it was there !! She just shrugged & said oh no then. We walked out in disgust -obviously the sign been there all day probably & no one bothered to inform barmaid when she started work. Not a good advert for a new takeover to survive is it. The few people in were same ones who used to frequent before refit -so nothing has changed at all by looks of it. Shan't be going back anytime soon !!

• 3 months later...

Archived