Joseph Tomlinsons Sheffield

My 4th, 3rd and 2nd great grandfathers created and ran Joseph Tomlinson & Sons Ltd. I already know some information about them but it is limited. I was just wondering if anybody knew anything I didn’t know. It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Gabriel Scott

1 hour ago, hillsbro said:

Amng family papers I found Tomlinsons' bill for the funeral of my great-great-grandmother Elizabeth Lawson (1831-1906). Here is a link to a scan of the rather attractively designed bill. https://i.postimg.cc/59pSwjF1/01.jpg

Thank you for that, it’s brilliant. I was told by my mother about all the things that were owned by Joseph Tomlinson that were in the family home. Unfortunately there’s an evil stepmother in the way, which means that it’s unlikely that I will ever get to see all the items. One of the items was a model carriage made from metal that had been used as a prototype for one of the big carriages made by Tomlinson’s, but it is now in Australia which is a real shame.

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know anything or have any stories relating to the firm, Joseph Tomlinson & Sons Ltd. of Borough Mews, Bedford Street.

If you or any of your older relatives know anything or have any stories please message me, as I would love to know.

Please ask any older family members if they can remember anything, as they might just know something.

Thank you so much and take care,

G. Joseph Scott

Edited by Gabriel Scott