Fitness First at Hillsborough

Before you sign up Zippy, tell them you'll take their details and think about it, leave it a week or two and then they'll chase you, offering to drop the joining fee.;)

Good point! Play these cowboys at their own game. There is no reason why you should ever pay a joining fee. The idea behind the fees is that these gyms want to get as much money out of you as possible. Some people join and then leave saying they don't like it. The gym may offer a money back guarantee but this does not include the joining fee, therefore for each person that leaves via this way, the gym make £30-50. These places are not hear to make you look and feel good, they are there to make money. All profits go to shareholders, not like a local leisure centre where gym profits are often reinvested in new facilities. Sorry for rant but I hate these places!

Just found out about something that you can try with fitness unlimited. They`ve launched run limited at don valley monday nights 6 till 8. It`s to help you get into running with different coaches for different levels. It sounds right good. Certainly going to give it a try.

I am a member at Fitness First, I go to one at Hillsborough. I have not been this year. going to go tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

the only problem, I was thinking about joining Hillsborough leisure centre, was when you go after 5pm. yo have to queue to go on things. sod that!

xx

Me? Possibly depending on what else I have on. I try to get there around 8.15ish to have a good 45 minutes on the treadmill and by 9pm the bags upstairs aren't in use :thumbsup:

Nothing has changed in the last few months since I've been a member.

Gaz

It's not as busy after 8pm.. I hate going straight from work because the gym is extremely busy.. Especially Mondays with all the weekend warriors! (People that go Monday for 45 minutes and think they've burnt off all the crap they consumed over the weekend!)

Archived