Sense of Humour Required

Is it just me or has anyone else had posts and threads removed recently that were completely harmless banter :suspect:

If they wish to have a forum for people to air their views and promote hearty banter then they need to take a chill pill, good grief.

Anyone would think the forum belonged to North Korea, silencing pesky humans and dumbing down its overall output, rather alarming :suspect:

Don't put joke stuff in the wrong place and you'll be fine. 'I'm bored' is the appropriate section for 'harmless banter'.

Well that rules out 99% of the board's threads then, meaning 99% of the board's threads are straight laced bore fests :hihi:

There are some threads on here where "harmless banter" is completely out of place.

Threads like someone asking where to park their car when sleeping in it would be a suitable example of a thread where someone going "Stocksbridge bypass" would be inappropriate. I note that you either deleted that post, or the mods did it for you.

There are some threads on here where "harmless banter" is completely out of place.

Threads like someone asking where to park their car when sleeping in it would be a suitable example of a thread where someone going "Stocksbridge bypass" would be inappropriate. I note that you either deleted that post, or the mods did it for you.

Looks like you read my mind, it's called having fun, maybe folk should try it some time :suspect:

Looks like you read my mind, it's called having fun, maybe folk should try it some time :suspect:

There are places to have fun on this forum, the threads by people asking for help like that one are not it.

I had hoped you'd had a sudden change of mind when I noticed your post had disappeared, shall we assume you didn't and you still think your post was harmless banter and fun? :gag:

I remember one of my very first threads on SF which was asking for help regarding an old lady I'd found, confused and wondering the streets looking for cigarettes. I helped her and took her back to her flat then I posted on SF asking for advice as to where to report her circumstances.

Lots of people posted helpful answers.

A couple of people thought it would be "funny" to ask where she lived so they could go round and rob her.

Very hilarious. They received bans.

Sometimes humour is appropriate, sometimes it isn't and sometimes it's the opinion of the mod on duty, or the people who report the post.

I remember a thread asking if anyone knew why there were a lot of police in a certain area and why the helicopter was overhead. We had all the usual idiots posting about doughnuts etc.

Then a forum member posted that the police were looking for his wife, who had not been well. He had come home from work and found a worrying note from her saying goodbye. He had come onto the forum to put up a post asking if people could look out for her.

That is why the moderators are quick to remove 'joke' threads from serious posts. They never know why the police are in a certain area, or how serious it will be, or whether family members of those involved will be reading.

Archived