Australians protest about shark cull

I would be more than happy to donate my dead carcase for shark food, people should leave them alone and if they don't want to be eaten by one, they should stay out of the water.

I completely agree with you!!! The ocean is their natural habitat and they are doing as nature intended. Why do so many humans struggle to understand that we don't have implicit rights to anything, anywhere at anytime...like you say just stay out of the ocean, it's their home not ours!!

The Carcharodon Carcharias is one of nature's most mysterious creatures and should be treated with respect.

People want to jump on any creature that threatens human life but unlike us humans, creatures do not suppress their primal killer instincts.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_%26_Valerie_Taylor

Ron Taylor will be turning in his grave. I'm sure Valerie will be making waves about it.

They showed many Taylor documentories in the 80's and 90's, so sharks were shown in a sympathetic light- especially Great Whites.

I think it is a horrible thing to be culling sharks (although some do make great eating).

Now sharks might not be everyone's favourite animal but they are part of the wider ecosystem and they don't exactly infringe on our land and attack us so why should they be subject to genocide?

Apart from the barbaric shark fin industry (China :gag:) there is also the general hunting/shooting/fishing fraternity who kill them and now there's the Australian Government.

After a handful of shark attacks in Australia their acting premier has decided that killing them would be a good idea.

Bare in mind that according to some surveys there are less Great White Sharks on the planet than there are tigers.

There is an estimated 7.1billion people on this planet. And 3500 great white sharks. Just saying.

'acting premier', I have no idea to whom you refer, as premiers are state and we have a few states! The Prime Minister (Commonwealth) presents 'Australian' decissions.

I agree however that the rednecks that find fun in shootin' and huntin' anything that isn't one of their rellies, and can't shoot back(well...maybe ..Aunty Grok is looking worried) leap at any chance of machismo crap, and as you say, lot more bi-pedal air breathing destroyers than sharks and if you go into shark territory one-out, as they've been advised for centuries it seems, NOT to, then you are virtually declaring yourself to be 'lunch'. Don't blame the shark.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:03 ----------

The site again just told me I was not logged in...how fast to I have to type???? Arthritis in both hands doesn't assist light speed...Strewth!! and I am a Sheffelder.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:09 ----------

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_%26_Valerie_Taylor

Ron Taylor will be turning in his grave. I'm sure Valerie will be making waves about it.

They showed many Taylor documentories in the 80's and 90's, so sharks were shown in a sympathetic light- especially Great Whites.

I think it is a horrible thing to be culling sharks (although some do make great eating).

Typing fastas I can go....I knew Ron. We met him in Cairns and he was in a 'tinny' out near the inner reef, just getting into shark love. A great bloke. Met Val too, but she wouldn't remember. BTW the sharks that we eat are 'gummy sharks', bottom feeders of mainly veggies etc ..no humans ever.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:16 ----------

I've long been a believer we should all be dumped into the sea upon death. We add to the food chain this way and we're not using valuable space on ground / adding to carbon dioxide emissions.

Best idea I've heard since I was a Viking. 'Ashes to ashes,dust to dust', why?? We've got plenty of both from the morons who start fires for fun.

My Dad just died (in the UK)on the 27th December of prostate cancer, and the choices I have are cremation or burial, both of which he would hate. Give me a ship and a strong breeze and I'll take him out near Dogger for a return to nature. Hurray for you matey!

'acting premier', I have no idea to whom you refer, as premiers are state and we have a few states! The Prime Minister (Commonwealth) presents 'Australian' decissions.

I agree however that the rednecks that find fun in shootin' and huntin' anything that isn't one of their rellies, and can't shoot back(well...maybe ..Aunty Grok is looking worried) leap at any chance of machismo crap, and as you say, lot more bi-pedal air breathing destroyers than sharks and if you go into shark territory one-out, as they've been advised for centuries it seems, NOT to, then you are virtually declaring yourself to be 'lunch'. Don't blame the shark.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:03 ----------

The site again just told me I was not logged in...how fast to I have to type???? Arthritis in both hands doesn't assist light speed...Strewth!! and I am a Sheffelder.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:09 ----------

Typing fastas I can go....I knew Ron. We met him in Cairns and he was in a 'tinny' out near the inner reef, just getting into shark love. A great bloke. Met Val too, but she wouldn't remember. BTW the sharks that we eat are 'gummy sharks', bottom feeders of mainly veggies etc ..no humans ever.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 20:16 ----------

Best idea I've heard since I was a Viking. 'Ashes to ashes,dust to dust', why?? We've got plenty of both from the morons who start fires for fun.

My Dad just died (in the UK)on the 27th December of prostate cancer, and the choices I have are cremation or burial, both of which he would hate. Give me a ship and a strong breeze and I'll take him out near Dogger for a return to nature. Hurray for you matey!

I've asked friends and family if they will do this for me (after my organs except my eyes are donated - don't know why but I feel icky about someone giving my eyes) but as yet nobody will agree to this. They blather on about getting locked up and feeling uncomfortable about carrying a body on a boat into the North Sea. But yes, I'd like to give something back to the planet after I'm gone and all I have to offer is my biomass. It'd be good for the North Sea cod stocks too!

I forgot to offer my sympathies re yr father. Please forgive this oversight. I hope you're ok. D

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

:hihi:

Archived