Is using a working horse cruelty?

Where did that come from?

I don't think that it is true.

Charlie died in 2011. But I've only seen figures that show 3 deaths and 20 injuries from traffic incidents and bolting.

They don't have much of a life with cramped stabling and no days off, but I hope that someone is going to ensure a safe retirement home for them when the ban goes ahead.

I've seen a number of articles in the press about working horses dying in New York City, but can't remember where the more recent ones were.

Here's one from 2011 though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070043/THIRD-Central-Park-carriage-horse-collapses-6-weeks-busy-New-York-street.html

If people drove around central park repeatedly for 12 hours with the windows down every day I'd agree with you.

Having the windows up or down makes no difference to the air quality inside. All the air in a car comes from outside the car.

People do drive around New York all day as their job. Delivery drivers, couriers and taxi drivers.

But is air quality the reason that the mayor wants to ban horses? If so you'd expect him to sort that out first.

Having the windows up or down makes no difference to the air quality inside. All the air in a car comes from outside the car.

People do drive around New York all day as their job. Delivery drivers, couriers and taxi drivers.

But is air quality the reason that the mayor wants to ban horses? If so you'd expect him to sort that out first.

In which case the air con people are ripping us off surely?

Air quality is one of the reasons. There are, I understand, many issues with their treatment.

Archived