Karate lessons in Hillsborough

I have been going to the club for over two years now, and very much enjoy the friendly atmosphere where I have made many friends. There are excellent instructors, and each lesson is tailored to the abilities of the class, so no matter whether you are white or black belt, you won't get bored. Sensei Bob is a very skilled teacher and makes all feel welcome. The club is a great place to train and become a better at karate, as there have been many great guest instructors as well as cross training classes from other disciplines. I would recommend this club to anyone as it suits all ages and abilities, and is easy to get to.

My son has been attending the Sheffield Shotokan Karate Club for about a year now and loves it.

The club has some great instructors and I've seen my son's confidence levels shoot through the roof as he learns, gets fitter and meet new friends.

Sensei Bob Hauge prepares his classes in advance, which will normally consist of warm up, skills training, conditioning, sparring, stretching and teaching - all in varying amounts in different lessons and also arranges guest instructors for other types of martial arts so you can give them a try as well.

Bob monitors and notes students' progress, providing feedback for students on an individual and group basis where required, with regular gradings.

It's a very friendly Club and all the instructors are fully licensed and insured, CRB background checked through the sports governing body (Karate England) and The Governing Body of Sheffield Shotokan Karate Club licensing authority (Amateur Martial Association) which also gives access (when you are ready and if you want to!) to competitions, and my son recently won a silver medal at the SKU Competition on 10th November 2013 at the EIS Sheffield. :thumbsup:

My son and I go to this club and it is exceptionally good. It is not like many other so called Karate clubs , that are a rip off charging exorbitent fees and as long as you turn up , pay your money, you get your next belt. This clud does what it says on the tin , you learn traditional Karate by qualified , insured , CRB checked, First aid certified instructors. All who have national teaching qualifications, No B.S. black and white belted 8Ku's who don't know their A from their elbow! teaching bad habbits because they dont know any better! (You know who you are). For the kid's it's safe and enjoyable, they gain confidence, get fit, make friends and learn to keep themselves safe if the need occures.

The club also organises seminars in different disiplins giving members insight into other styles and forms of martial arts , is governed by the AMA. Dont get conded by the door knockers with glossy broachers, check out different clubs , then come and see what this club does , you won't be disappointed. And for the Cynics out their no I haven't been asked to write this or been paid to endorse it , but I am a member and I have trained with other so called Karate clubs and because I've made mistakes I'd like to help anyone out there avoid making the same ones I did.

Sheffield Shotokan Karate not only offers the opportunity to learn a great traditional martial art but also the chance to gain wider experience by having a good number of experienced, qualified instructors and by on occasions offering the opportunity to take part in cross training sessions. In my three years as a member I have seen many karateka gain knowledge, fitness and confidence by training at the club.

Archived