Wood lane.. Side of car people on parkway

0ane

I cycle (dare I say that without upsetting some people on here!) up and down Wood Lane a couple of times of week and the barrier is not helpful to cyclists either. It is actually a gate that spans the full length of the road so to get past it you have to go up on to the footpath. (Now that will definitely upset some people on here!)

When the road was first 'opened up' there was a bollard that could rise up and down to let certain vehicles go through. However I know it was constantly damaged and also of at least one person who became a cropper trying to sneak through and it rose under their engine and damaged it.

From my memory as other Forumers have already said RMBC are not willing to open it up because of the impact they believe the increased traffic flow will have on people living in the residential areas of Brinsworth and Catcliffe.

Could we not get some sort of online e petition going? Don't know how this works exactly but I've noticed this kind of thing before, especially on the road to Manchester after the woodhead pass, sign the e petition signs all over the place up there! It just seems common sense needs to prevail on this matter.

From my memory as other Forumers have already said RMBC are not willing to open it up because of the impact they believe the increased traffic flow will have on people living in the residential areas of Brinsworth and Catcliffe.

Yet residents of Brinsworth & Catcliffe are those who would benefit most from the road being opened!

• 7 months later...

I live in catcliffe and now the gate has gone I use that road constantly to get home! Yes I know I'm breaking the law and if I get done il accept my punishment but it saves me a good 10-15 mins on the journey home

• 9 months later...

Just to update on this matter... I received no replies from either councillors for Sheffield and Rotherham via email, they are now digging all the roads up around catcliffe to add another lane as the traffic is building up worse everyday as more and more families buy houses on the new Waverley development.. I continue to use the Wood Lane link road (albeit illegally) and have noticed most of the residents do on my street... When I go up it there's usually another car or two also using that road! The bollard remains permanently down but still a no entry road... Ridiculous!