Wood lane.. Side of car people on parkway

0ane

well considering the southern BRT isn't happening now there is no reason for it to be none access

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 09:31 ----------

Councillors surgery tonight at Brinny hall 5:30-6:30. Going to go and raise it, see what they say

From what I remember the road was developed as a condition of granting planning permission for the freight terminal. It was planned to be part of a new bus route between Rotherham and Sheffield via Waverley that has been on hold due to lack of funds. I would love the road to be opened to traffic as it would take 10 mins off my commute. Alas I think the fear is that it would be used as a rat run when traffic on the parkway is snarled up on the approach to the M1 roundabout.

Good job I've seen this thread as I was considering using this route last week when Parkway was snarled up but, as I didn't know if I could get through, I went Catcliffe and Treeton.

Only just seen the replies... Let us know what got said at the meeting about this if you attended... And as for weight limit it must be able to hold a lot of weight with the busses going up and down there...

• 3 months later...

In these times we are all encouraged (correctly in my opinion) to protect the resources of the environment and part of this is wherever possible to minimise your journey time.

For those that don't know this road it's a stretch of road probably 400 yards long that connects the road Sheffield airport in on with Brinsworth and currently only buses and I believe Motor Cycles can use it, whereas car drivers are required to take a mile and a half detour to get to the same point.

Has this been closed to cars for a reason or is it just planners have gone mad?

it cannot be changed for another 7 or so years according to the local councillors as it was specified as a bus lane to support the Southern BRT scheme when designed. Its ridiculous as it would save lots of time and congestion for people in Brinsworth around the end of the airport road/morrisons/Waverley area.

http://moderngov.rotherham.gov.uk/documents/s30756/Item%2010%20-%20Wood%20Lane%20DPM%20REPORT%20of%20consultation.pdf

Until the BRT is officially classed as dead (the government has said it will not fund it but time has to elapse or an official scrapping of the scheme has to be announced) then it will stay a bus lane and the council cant change it

Edited by sheffbag