Sharing Economy Required

Agree, but again it needs to start higher up the chain. We need to stop building obselesence into products so they wear out faster - build to last, .

What do you suggest when people only want to buy "cheap"? In respect of the original post I bought good quality tools about 25 years ago..they're still going strong...

What do you suggest when people only want to buy "cheap"? In respect of the original post I bought good quality tools about 25 years ago..they're still going strong...

I think we need to change our mindset. Buy better quality but buy a lot less.

Share more.

It will take a huge shift in attitude. My worry is that something drastic / awful will have to happen to make people change.

I remember when communities and neighbours used to share stuff, especially gardening equipment, ladders etc. And when the gardening paid off they'd share the produce with the neighbours too.

I don't see why that wouldn't work now...

I remember when communities and neighbours used to share stuff, especially gardening equipment, ladders etc. And when the gardening paid off they'd share the produce with the neighbours too.

I don't see why that wouldn't work now...

It does where I live..I borrow stuff from neighbours/friends and they from me...

Archived