Its time to stop LEGAL AID

Doesn't that all depend on who 'the prosecution' is?

In a civil matter it's going to be one person against another, no lawyers.

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 12:57 ----------

Prison is full of innocent men, didn't you know that :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

some 10% of people in prison are actually innocent - not my estimate.

look at recent news where someone did 6 years for a murder he did not commit. glad the DNA advances proved who did it. and glad someone had the sense to reopen the case.

having a legal aid lawyer fight your case is often as much use as the village idiot representing you. it's amazing how quickly your case ends when the legal aid money is spent.

a fast talking private lawyer can get you off a murder charge (mentioning no-one) but a legal aid one just wants to claim his expenses and does not give a damn about you.

courts should have in house lawyers that can hear your argument and decide if you should be given legal assistance. anyone with a string of offences charge with the same offence again should just be shot.

Try not to be such a ********!...........my view is related to to fees charged by the legal profession! In lots of cases the fee charged bears no relation to a set hourly fee, but more relation to how long a case can be spun out,whilst observing the cut of the clients jib!....................C'mon we all know it's true!

Not really. If you wnat to explain your point further and back it up with some evidence then that woul be helpful. Do you know how solicitors charge or the legal aid system works?

legal aid a waste of money only the lawyers benefit:huh:

I have been wrongfully arrested and will require legal aid to fight my case so forgive me for thinking your talking out of your top hat.

Come back to us when your wrongfully arrested and see if you have the same attitude or are instead bleating about how its cost you to defend yourself for something you are not guilty of.

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 09:07 ----------

What a crass and idiotic notion.

Its making me vomit to say this but I totally agree with you Halibut :hihi:

Archived