Is Evander Holyfield homophobic?

:hihi:

You've led a sheltered life then. I sometimes work with people from Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas which is something of an eye-opener in just how prejudiced people can be.

Where's Evander Holyfield from?

Just looked it up, Alabama! Say no more :hihi:

I did some work at a paper mill in Alabama some years ago, when Wallace was still governor. I was told by some gut I was a Nlovin' Yankee, before I'd even opened my mouth. I said I was Canadian, but I was still a Nlovin Yankee to him.:hihi:

We have a program called Duck Dynasty full of hill billys with beards and opinions. It's on A and E and its very popular. One of the brothers came up with some pretty nasty things to say about homosexuals, so that A and E banned him from the show. The rest of the cast said they would quit the show too if he was banned, so the producers backed down. Money talks.

Yes I saw that in the news... Typical, they're only bothered about rating because it = £ or $....

Yes, you are entitled to express your opinion, but other people are entitled to criticise it using their own right to free speech.

Libertarians are increasingly pushing this strange notion that they can say whatever they like and not be criticised for it, but I'm afraid free speech is a two-way street.

Agreed but when the situation occurs that a person is punished for saying what he or she believes in then that's a whole different story.

There are of course exceptions. Presidents and people in power must keep their opinions to themselves on touchy, controversial social issues. Obama has chosen to speak in support of gay marriage however. The fact that he probably offended those who are against gay marriage more than likely doesn' particularly concern him since those people of conservative opinions wouldnt vote for him anyway.

My concern is always the right of absolute freedom of speech. Verbal reactions go with the territory but punishments of any kind should never be part of it

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 19:26 ----------

Yes I saw that in the news... Typical, they're only bothered about rating because it = £ or $....

But on the other hand it was quite okay for a gay couple to have a marriage ceremony performed on one of the floats on the New Years Day Pasadena Rose Parade which is watched on TV by several millions world wide as well as thousands on the actual parade route itself.

Was there any concern shown by the Tournament of Roses Committee that such a ceremony would offend those who find it unnatural and offensive? Or do those who hold such views no longer have any right to object?

This parade was a public event after all and should not have had any contorversial issues involved either conservative or liberal.

I'm not against gay marriage if it's voted for by the majority of voters but people dont have to have it stuck up their noses by the liberal media every day which seems to be the case now

:hihi:I did some work at a paper mill in Alabama some years ago, when Wallace was still governor. I was told by some gut I was a Nlovin' Yankee, before I'd even opened my mouth. I said I was Canadian, but I was still a Nlovin Yankee to him.:hihi:

Not surprising the hick was confused, maybe you just exude an identity crisis.

]We have a program called Duck Dynasty full of hill billys with beards and opinions. It's on A and E and its very popular.[/b] One of the brothers came up with some pretty nasty things to say about homosexuals' date=' so that A and E banned him from the show. The rest of the cast said they would quit the show too if he was banned, so the producers backed down. Money talks.[/quote']

We get it here now.:)

Obama has chosen to speak in support of gay marriage however. The fact that he probably offended those who are against gay marriage more than likely doesn' particularly concern him since those people of conservative opinions wouldnt vote for him anyway.

And he's not up for re-election.

I'm not against gay marriage if it's voted for by the majority of voters but people dont have to have it stuck up their noses by the liberal media every day which seems to be the case now

Strange argument. Does the majority have to be in favour of something for it to get your support? As most people are heterosexual then you're saying a majority should dictate what a minority can have. If whites voted as a majority to bring back slavery would that be okay? And the role of the liberal, or any, media is irrelevant. The issue is about rights not majorities or the media.

Archived