Is Evander Holyfield homophobic?

Some people like Evander have old fashioned views, but I think it's only homophobic if the views are expressed with hateful intent.

Just because he has those old fashioned views, it doesn't necessarily mean he would act in a hateful manner towards a gay person. He is in a house with gay people, even handcuffed to a bisexual person. Has he expressed hate towards any of them?

That's a fair point, I suppose on the scale of 1 to 10, it's not the most heinous observation, but I'm surprised folks still have views like that and are prepared to air them on national tv.

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 15:51 ----------

And why is this even worthy of a thread, ahh I see now.

Because it was a headline news story, so you're not seeing very much.

I'm surprised folks still have views like that and are prepared to air them on national tv.

Good on him, I'm sure there are many more people who are on t.v who have similar views but don't say anything due to the issues it would cause.

Is it considered unacceptable behaviour to have a different point of view to the general one?

Personally i dont think so, he is entitled to his opinion and entitled to express it rightly or wrongly.

Being on big brother must be alot like being on sf! ;-)

I think he will have signed a contract before entering the house, so will have been made aware of what was acceptable behaviour and not. He's perfectly entitled to express an opinion where the environment allows.

Your post is rather ironic given you once jumped down my throat for using a phrase which you deemed homophobic...but as you say big brother must be a lot like sf.

I think he will have signed a contract before entering the house, so will have been made aware of what was acceptable behaviour and not. He's perfectly entitled to express an opinion where the environment allows.

If C5 don't like it and feel he has broken his contract then they'll kick him out. Then again, it's things like this which make people tune in and watch it.

Good on him, I'm sure there are many more people who are on t.v who have similar views but don't say anything due to the issues it would cause.

So you believe people should be permitted to air their views on national tv irrespective of how offensive they are?

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 15:58 ----------

If C5 don't like it and feel he has broken his contract then they'll kick him out. Then again, it's things like this which make people tune in and watch it.

Absolutely right, I don't for a minute believe C5 are wringing their hands over this and if they are it'll be with glee.

So you believe people should be permitted to air their views on national tv irrespective of how offensive they are?

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 15:58 ----------

Absolutely right, I don't for a minute believe C5 are wringing their hands over this and if they are it'll be with glee.

Nick griffin, Alex jones etc etc etc there are loads of politicians and professional nut jobs who should frankly be shot rather be listened to. But silence them because we don't like them? Nah.

It depends, if another t.v personality was getting interviewed on something like Tonight with Jonathan Ross or Parkinson (for example) and they said it 'aint normal' similar to Holyfield I would have no issues. It was not said with any hate behind it, he was just giving his opinion on the matter.

But there are some people who won't see others views as offensive......no matter what they are someone somewhere will agree with them...

Your post is rather ironic given you once jumped down my throat for using a phrase which you deemed homophobic...but as you say big brother must be a lot like sf.

What I find shocking is that some people think expressing an opinion is classed as bad behavior.

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 16:13 ----------

How many people have actually been offended by the remark ?

Just the one. :)

Archived