Is Evander Holyfield homophobic?

Apparently the once great heavyweight engaged his mouth before his brain in the Big Brother house last night when proclaiming being gay 'aint normal'.

Whilst he's entitled to his opinions many will find them odious and given he signed a contract before entering the house regarding unacceptable behaviour-taking a fat cheque in compensation, perhaps he should have kept his big gob shut?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/celebrity-big-brother-2014-evander-holyfield-cautioned-over-gay-aint-normal-remarks-9040932.html

He's always been a devout Christian so his views are influenced by that. As he states in the link:

“the Bible lets you know there’s wrong, there’s right,”

I think he will have signed a contract before entering the house, so will have been made aware of what was acceptable behaviour and not. He's perfectly entitled to express an opinion where the environment allows.

Your post is rather ironic given you once jumped down my throat for using a phrase which you deemed homophobic...but as you say big brother must be a lot like sf.

I dont remember it like that, i just added my voice to the reply that had already been made about your comment.

Surely to jump down your throat id have had to be the first to object,i wasnt !

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 16:42 ----------

No-one has a right not to be offended.

What does that mean? A bit of clarity on your comment needed.

What I find shocking is that some people think expressing an opinion is classed as bad behavior.

It depends what that opinion is, after all given the tone of some of your posts you've often been offended by someone expressing an opinion.

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 16:55 ----------

I dont remember it like that, i just added my voice to the reply that had already been made about your comment.

Surely to jump down your throat id have had to be the first to object,i wasnt

You described me as homophobic for jokingly using the expression 'set o'poofs' :)

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 16:58 ----------

It depends, if another t.v personality was getting interviewed on something like Tonight with Jonathan Ross or Parkinson (for example) and they said it 'aint normal' similar to Holyfield I would have no issues. It was not said with any hate behind it, he was just giving his opinion on the matter.

I agree, but it doesn't really answer my question-should people be able to air their views on national tv irrespective of how offensive they are?

It depends what that opinion is, after all given the tone of some of your posts you've often been offended by someone expressing an opinion.

:nono: There isn't anything anyone can say or do that would offend me, so I have no idea where you got your idea from. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 16:55 ----------

You described me as homophobic for jokingly using the expression 'set o'poofs' :)

No, someone else did and i agreed! Bit different!

And there were more that didnt agree with your "joke".

Must be a quiet day at friday towers! ;-)

Did you start this thread to grind your axe when anyone posts that has previously upset you?

Archived