Is Evander Holyfield homophobic?

Channel 5 have acted very poorly in relation to this event. They said the comments were offensive but then aired them. Me thinks they are really more interested in ratings than who gets offended....

Spot on to be honest.

I wouldn't even blame Holyfield. Yes he may have been warned beforehand about what's not acceptable, but he's basically still in a house where he can not put on an act 24/7. You are going to see the real him from time to time. It's down to the broadcaster to not show this side if they feel it is going to cause offence, unless of course they are actually glad to show it, which I think they were.

Acceptable to him, but not to others. And being gay is normal to me and other gay people, not to you.

Erm, i think you need to read my post again. I never said I didnt think it was abnormal. I was talking about religion. If you are going to make assumptions and wrong assumptions at that then expect to be called on it.

It will be a sad day when people aren't allowed to express their opinion on national TV. It may already have happened.

What would Voltaire have said?

He would have said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well I'm not going to defend Mr Holyfield to the death, but you get the gist...

I've not a problem with where he said it, I just cant believe he believes what he said!

I've not a problem with where he said it, I just cant believe he believes what he said!

Didn't he say "that being gay ain't normal and can be fixed"?

Ok I can understand that being gay to some people is not what they may consider normal according to them but the can be fixed comment is a bit puzzling.

I wonder how he thinks being gay can be fixed?

Didn't he say "that being gay ain't normal and can be fixed"?

Ok I can understand that being gay to some people is not what they may consider normal according to them but the can be fixed comment is a bit puzzling.

I wonder how he thinks being gay can be fixed?

I dont think its normal but in todays society its accepted so lets all get over it:thumbsup: on another note there is a program on tonight at 7.30 of interest to both myself and you:thumbsup:

Archived