Is Evander Holyfield homophobic?

You've led a sheltered life then. I sometimes work with people from Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas which is something of an eye-opener in just how prejudiced people can be.

Where's Evander Holyfield from?

Just looked it up, Alabama! Say no more :hihi:

I'm amazed those southern states ever embraced emancipation ;)

I can't see anything that she said that could encourage that response. Try to lose the hate... its bad for the soul...:D

Im not a fan of Fox, does it show?

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 18:52 ----------

I apologise for misreading what you said....there

Your apology is accepted.

I'm amazed those southern states ever embraced emancipation ;)

Well it might happen one day. They reeeaaallly don't like Obama, mainly based on their considered analysis of him as an uppity African-American.

He gave a personal opinion on a subject, he did not advocate any hatred toward them and he did not try to convince anyone else to adopt his reasoning.

This is not even a story, the question asked in the title could have easily been answered before it was put up by anyone who had seen it.

This is like one of those situations where someone is branded for not having a pro view on a subject, no one should be subjected to inquisition for having a personal view.

Apparently the once great heavyweight engaged his mouth before his brain in the Big Brother house last night when proclaiming being gay 'aint normal'.

Whilst he's entitled to his opinions many will find them odious and given he signed a contract before entering the house regarding unacceptable behaviour-taking a fat cheque in compensation,perhaps he should have kept his big gob shut?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/celebrity-big-brother-2014-evander-holyfield-cautioned-over-gay-aint-normal-remarks-9040932.html

Well yes, he could have kept "his gob shut" but then if he had, he would have been concealing his views.

Even though I disagree with his view, I think I would rather people were open and honest with what they thought rather then deceitful. They could then be asked how they had arrived at that opinion, then a different outlook could be presented to them, because that's the only way of getting someone to analyse their fixed ideas about anything.

Well yes, he could have kept "his gob shut" but then if he had, he would have been concealing his views.

Even though I disagree with his view, I think I would rather people were open and honest with what they thought rather then deceitful. They could then be asked how they had arrived at that opinion, then a different outlook could be presented to them, because that's the only way of getting someone to analyse their fixed ideas about anything.

Very good post. ;)

Archived