Troll grenade. Cyclist fined for contravening sign. :O

He broke the law. There was a red light and a cycles prohibited sign - I don't see what the problem was....

A £16 fine is the problem !

Come on, this is stupid, cyclists don't cut corners into danger, and it's not like they're a danger to others at such slow speeds.

It's ridiculous.

I don't own a bike btw.

A £16 fine is the problem !

Come on, this is stupid, cyclists don't cut corners into danger, and it's not like they're a danger to others at such slow speeds.

It's ridiculous.

I don't own a bike btw.

You are quite right, it's hardly a deterrent. £60 like a car would be more appropriate.

In case you hadn't noticed he did cut the corner into danger, and was trying to fit down the side of a bus in a rather narrow street.

And they are not just a danger to themselves - I've been injured rather badly by a cyclist turning left on a red and finding me crossing the road.

Why can't cyclists be banned just as car drivers are for dangerous driving?

Look at the numbers of people killed by dangerous cyclists compared to the number of people killed by dangerous drivers. There's really no comparison.

Cyclists also don't have to have to pass a test, get insurance and carry a licence whereas drivers do. Therefore drivers can be monitored a lot more easily.

I was going to ask you to think before you post but let's take it one step at a time.

Look at the numbers of people killed by dangerous cyclists compared to the number of people killed by dangerous drivers. There's really no comparison.

Thats completely irrelevant.

As for the £16 fine, thats unfair. Had it been a motorcyclist or a car the fine would have been much higher.

Archived