Troll grenade. Cyclist fined for contravening sign. :O

is as ridiculous as my title.

What next ? Fine pedestrians for walking out of time ? :loopy:

Discuss. :hihi:

Brilliant. Its about time idiot cyclists who broke the law got what they deserved. If only there was a point system for cyclist stopping the real jerks who break the law again and again from using the roads in the same way car drivers are penalised.

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 10:45 ----------

Look at the numbers of people killed by dangerous cyclists compared to the number of people killed by dangerous drivers. There's really no comparison.

Cyclists also don't have to have to pass a test, get insurance and carry a licence whereas drivers do. Therefore drivers can be monitored a lot more easily.

I was going to ask you to think before you post but let's take it one step at a time.

That has NOTHING to do with the law. You cannot ignore the laws of the road on your own say so.

I think what`s ridiculous is they actually have a team out just to fine cyclists when Burglars, Rapists ,Drug dealers etc are walking about free.

If it was dangerous what they were doing they should confiscate his bike. Same for any motorist who commits a speeding offence or similar. Of course then you would say that was madness.

So yes its ridiculous and a complete waste of police resources.

I think what`s ridiculous is they actually have a team out just to fine cyclists when Burglars, Rapists ,Drug dealers etc are walking about free.

If it was dangerous what they were doing they should confiscate his bike. Same for any motorist who commits a speeding offence or similar. Of course then you would say that was madness.

So yes its ridiculous and a complete waste of police resources.

Have you maybe thought this was a known spot for cyclists putting themselves and others in danger and this is why the police are targeting this junction.

The Met have just finished a very succesful campaign which challenged poor road use by both motorists and cyclists. This was a response to the number of people killed in the capital on bikes recently.

More of these operations please, they save lives.

The Met have just finished a very succesful campaign which challenged poor road use by both motorists and cyclists. This was a response to the number of people killed in the capital on bikes recently.

More of these operations please, they save lives.

The video does appear to have been shot in the summer, so not that recent and not so recent to have been in response to the deaths reported over the last couple of months.

Archived